No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer, Arum Discuss The September 15 PPV Conflict

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by da beatdown View Post
    Everyone who tuned in on May 5, knew Canelo had Sept 15 locked up. Its not his fault P.Willy had an unfortunate accident,lets keep that in mind. Arum NEVER intended to make the Martinez fight but he knew that was the only way to upstage Golden Boy, so the fight got made in an instant! Both companies feel they have #1 mexican star and neither will budge,even if Ortiz loses, GB will still proceed because Canelo is the draw.With that being said, Arum has the better fight. It was obvious to me that Canelo still isnt ready for prime time players or they just wanna keep him active in a somewhat competitive fight before he takes on Mayweather. Shaefer has a good point tho, why vegas?
    Arum had the date since February. How you think why HBO are with him.

Comment

Bob has the better fight for that date. If anything, GBP will have the better undercard.

I will buy Chavez jr/Martinez and youtube the Canelo fight the next day. It will be interesting seeing CHAVEZ finally fight Sergio Martinez. I'm just not that interested seeing Canelo defend his junior middleweight tittle against ANOTHER WELTERWEIGHT.

Comment

[QUOTE=ELPERRO;12264258]Bob has the better fight for that date. If anything, GBP will have the better undercard.

I will buy Chavez jr/Martinez and youtube the Canelo fight the next day. It will be interesting seeing CHAVEZ finally fight Sergio Martinez. I'm just not that interested seeing Canelo defend his junior middleweight tittle against ANOTHER WELTERWEIGHT.[/QUOTE]

THIS RIGHT HERE

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
          the difference is arum offered an explanation that made sense while schaefer just rant about how arum is evil and a bully

you can't announce a fight if one of the fighters involve has a fight coming up...just for that i agree with arum. i don't like that mother****er but he's right.

and schaefer should shut the **** up about having the better fighters...we're talking about martinez here.
          wasn't Manny vs Marquez announced before Marquez vs Ramos and Margarito vs Pacquiao PPV announced before Latin fury.

By Chris Williams: Bob Arum has given up on trying to put together the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao fight for May or June.

Instead Arum is now looking to get a contract signed between the two of them right now for November so that Arum can start early in promoting the fight and getting a suitable venue to put it in.
          Arum told the Manila Standard “What we are trying to accomplish assuming he [Mayweather] is going to fight in May and Manny is going to fight in June, is that we are pressing to see if we can get a contract signed between the two fighters for November.”

Comment

Schaefer sounds bitter.

Comment

Working...
            X