Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz: If Lopez Wants a War, We'll Go To War!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz: If Lopez Wants a War, We'll Go To War!

Victor Ortiz has tried his best to downplay any controversy with Josesito Lopez.

The former WBC welterweight champion repeatedly reassured anyone that thinks he isn’t focused on fighting Lopez June 23 in Los Angeles that he’s not looking ahead to a Sept. 15 pay-per-view showdown with undefeated Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. Lopez (29-4, 17 KOs, 1 NC) and his handlers are insulted because Golden Boy Promotions, which represents Ortiz and Alvarez, officially announced their fight last Tuesday, a week-and-a-half before Oritz will oppose Lopez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ortiz is trying to do some damage control here and I appreciate that to an extent. Why couldn't GBP just wait 2 weeks? The fight isn't even until 4 months from now so they still have plenty of time to promote it. I mean they could've even announced it the night of the fight if Ortiz wins saturday. Either way I'll be tuning in to see it. I'm looking forward to the Soto/Matthysse fight more though.

Comment

Ortiz needs something special to be given to him if he wins in a spectacular fashion. I imagine if the fight is even close, we will not see Ortiz-Canelo. Ortiz lost all my respect after the way he fought FMJ. He just has a very beatable style for anyone who backs him up. And believe me, Canelo will be coming on strong. Ortiz lost every round to Peterson and Maidana like that.
      Canelo TKO8

Comment

I use to be a big fan of ortiz, but then i found out his whole life story is bull****. I hope he loses again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dafukru View Post
          I use to be a big fan of ortiz, but then i found out his whole life story is bull****. I hope he loses again.
          Explain with some proof. I thought his Mom left, and his Dad was around at times and than wasn't around, which is why he left to Denver for a little bit, and than to California???

Comment

@ 4 corners
            His mom did leave him, but his father was always there. He had a sister who was blind, and the government gave them money for her. There's no doubt he grew up poor but to say his father abandoned him is bull. And yeah his dad was an alcoholic but he was still there. I read an interview between some guy from thyblackman website with robert garcia. Ortiz left garcia because he wanted robert to just train him and nobody else. The guy Ortiz is always contradicting himself also. Im not sure if you seen one of those promos from hbo before the mayweather fight, where Ortiz says "I saided when I was 9 years old, I will defeat Mayweather" Mayweather wasn't even on the map at that time.

Comment

@ 4 corners
              His mom did leave him, but his father was always there. He had a sister who was blind, and the government gave them money for her. There's no doubt he grew up poor but to say his father abandoned him is bull. And yeah his dad was an alcoholic but he was still there. I read an interview between some guy from thyblackman website with robert garcia. Ortiz left garcia because he wanted robert to just train him and nobody else. The guy Ortiz is always contradicting himself also. Im not sure if you seen one of those promos from hbo before the mayweather fight, where Ortiz says "I saided when I was 9 years old, I will defeat Mayweather" Mayweather wasn't even on the map at that time.
              Talking about somebody's elses childhood/life like you witnessed it through your own eyes?

4 Corners asked you to explain with proof, not with your worhtless opinion.

Comment

Lmaooo at the ppl who actually believe his story. Just look up some rescent interviews
                As a matter of fact just type in on google
                Victor ortiz life story is fake
                An u will see mayweather, rios, garcia and a lot of ppl bashing on ortiz
                Anyways im out before all the keyboard warriors come out and start insulting ahahahahhaha

Comment

Lmaooo at the ppl who actually believe his story. Just look up some rescent interviews
                  As a matter of fact just type in on google
                  Victor ortiz life story is fake
                  An u will see mayweather, rios, garcia and a lot of ppl bashing on ortiz
                  Anyways im out before all the keyboard warriors come out and start insulting ahahahahhaha
                  9 posts? Yep ur a troll, ur gonna be the 1st one crying when ur "GOD" Canelo gets knocked out in September.

Comment

Im still not sold on Victor Ortiz. One great win over Andre Berto still isnt enough in my eyes

Comment

Working...
                    X