Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather reportedly 142 lbs. Can he ever recover from this??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post

Floyd
    True. Michael Vick came out of jail an MVP candidate.

Comment

• If this is true, then this could be the end of Floyd's career.

It reminds me a bit of Roy Jones Jr, when he lost 25lbs of muscle from HW, beat Tarver by a hair, then got knocked out in the rematch.

I'm concerned if this is true because Floyd will be 36 in Feb 2013. He's not a spring chicken, so this will hurt him. I can see Floyd coming out of jail and if he decides to fight right away, he could get knocked out. When he comes out of jail, he should take some time to come back, get 100% healthy again, with the right nutrition and proper workout, then come back in early-mid 2013, not late 2012 like he planned.

Comment

• Shoulda got a better lawyer or paid somebody off lol.

Comment

• An athlete like him would need a ton of calories just to maintain weight so it's entirely believable as muscle wastes quickly. Phelps said he eats like 13,000 calories or some madness.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            If this is true, then this could be the end of Floyd's career.

It reminds me a bit of Roy Jones Jr, when he lost 25lbs of muscle from HW, beat Tarver by a hair, then got knocked out in the rematch.

I'm concerned if this is true because Floyd will be 36 in Feb 2013. He's not a spring chicken, so this will hurt him. I can see Floyd coming out of jail and if he decides to fight right away, he could get knocked out. When he comes out of jail, he should take some time to come back, get 100% healthy again, with the right nutrition and proper workout, then come back in early-mid 2013, not late 2012 like he planned.
            kev, first off man how do we know this isnt a BS rumor?? Second, do you really think he would be such a prima donna and not eat and risk his career?? Floyd does some dumb **** but i dont think he is that stupid, do you?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleDatJab View Post
              mayweather reportedly 142 lbs and its been barely 2 weeks. at this rate he'll be 130 when he gets out. I know you put back on the weight quickly but since Floyd doesn't carry any extra weight that loss is all muscle, which takes a long time to gain back. is his career over?
              I don't believe it/don't care. He made is bed....

Hey Money can have a rematch with JMM at 135 when Money gets out, no chance of cheating on a catch weight this time around!

Comment

• Originally posted by Main Source View Post
                It's called being taken out of your natural environment. He's nearly isolated and he isn't allowed to do what he has been doing for the last two decades. You can't imagine how it impacts you. Just take a look at our refugee camps in our country. Some of them walk around with serious depression, other exiles applying for asylum have had their case going on for years. Imagine how they feel? It's like being lobotomized (not literally).

Prison changes you. Even if it's "only" 3 months.
                Then he should do what every other non criminally active father does, dont hit their mother.

I sure enjoyed a fathers day with my kids and their mother, without fighting.

Comment

• Not true. And you can put in a request through the health dep. for caloric change in your diet and they will give you penut butter sandwhichs and such in addition to your regular meals. I think whats happening here if he is losing weight is he is refusing to eat that nasty **** cant blame him but it is calories and if you want to maintain you need to consume them calories.

Comment

• I call bull****. I'm a huge Floyd fan but if he's only eating 800 calories a day, that is his fault then for not eating food provided to him. If he would just eat the food that's provided and behaves like a good normal person, he'll be let out early. He'll be fine and like a poster said, if it does get bad then he'll wait until May 2013 so he can properly train for his next fight.

Comment

• getting back in shape and putting weight and muscle back on won't be a problem and his Skills are not going to deteriorate within 3 months either

I guess it depends on how he feels coming out if he decides to take another fight this year

Comment

Working...
                      X