Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dulorme vs Holt for August in PR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holts stock is not low right now, he is highly rated in the ibf, a win over him would put you in a final eliminator position for the title, meaning if it bocomes vacant, he would be in a position to fight judah for the vacatn title.

Comment

First thing Gary said when he mentioned Holt, "Huge puncher!!!"

When they baby a fighter like Canelo and Chavez Jr., people complain. Then if they match him up against a good opponent, he's being rushed.....Who can understand boxing fans?

IMO Dulorme is more than ready for Holt at this point and would set him up to then fight an Alexander or other highly thought of guy.

Comment

Holt didn't learn about traveling to fight Torres in Colombia, people at ringside grabbing his feet. Fighting Dulorme in PR will be a mistake.

Originally posted by vcvc View Post
        id laugh if Holt ebded the "OMG!! Tito is back (even though he's dominican)" hype.....
        He's actually Rican.

I know Dan Rafael says he is Dominican, but if Dulorme does not want to be recognized as a Dominican then let him be a Puerto Rican where he was raised, it's understandable. PR has a much richer history in boxing, he'd have a bigger fanbase. While Dominicans are mostly interested in baseball. Being PR'can is much better for his boxing career, as a business perspective.

By Dan Rafael | ESPN.com

One of my favorite prospects, welterweight Thomas Dulorme (14-0, 11 KOs), will return to action June 14 in the headline fight of promoter Lou DiBella's "Broadway Boxing" series at the Roseland Ballroom in Manhattan.

Also on the card will be light heavyweight "Irish" Seanie Monaghan (13-0, 8 KOs), who has a loyal fan following and is a good ticket seller and action fighter.

Dulorme, who is a Dominican but has lived most of his life in Puerto Rico, where he has been embraced, is only 22 and has tremendous potential. His opponent is to be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
          First thing Gary said when he mentioned Holt, "Huge puncher!!!"

When they baby a fighter like Canelo and Chavez Jr., people complain. Then if they match him up against a good opponent, he's being rushed.....Who can understand boxing fans?

IMO Dulorme is more than ready for Holt at this point and would set him up to then fight an Alexander or other highly thought of guy.
          They're not babying Canelo.

And Holt at this point is too lazy, and has been too lazy since the Demetrious Hopkins win, to be considered a threat. This fight is actually taking baby steps for Dulorme. Holt is coming off a near shut out loss to Garcia where he did nothing, and his punches didn't seem to do much to Garcia.

Comment

I got dulorme. Not ready for Holt? I doubt that. He manhandled Corey andcorley IMO would be on even terms with Holt.

Comment

Good fight for Dulorme.

He's ready.

Comment

first real test for Dulorme...Vernon Paris (CORRECTION, Paris fought Judah not Holt...I was thinking about Tim Coleman who lost to Vernon Paris) was also an impressive looking young fighter before he ran into Holt and he got DOMINATED so we shall see just how good Dulorme is during this match

Holt is very inconsistent though so you don't know which Holt will show up
                Last edited by sicko; 06-16-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Im down.Holt's a strong puncher and looks healthier at 147.Dulorme's chin will be tested and it should be a good fight.This isn't about legacy or anything,its about testing him.

Comment

why did holt drop outta his last fight? i know the fight before that is because he didnt wanna fight outside

Comment

he couldnt get his visa in time. the russian guy is fighitng mabuza now instead, the guy tha zab beat.

Comment

Working...
                      X