Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ortiz Sees No Issue With 154 Move For Canelo Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course Ortiz won't have a problem at 154. That's where he should have been fighting at for a few years now. He came in the ring vs Floyd at something like 164. Fighters do stuff like this all the time so they can rehydrate and have the size and power advantage vs people naturally in certain weight classes.

Comment

I have no idea why all these people are picking Ortiz, I have Canelo knocking him out in lets say the 8th round. Maybee sooner. Even in his biggest win against Berto he got dropped Twice. Not to mention his last two losses are by knockout.

Comment

He's a massive WW. He won't have any issues with moving up. Might make camp better so they can focus more boxing instead of cutting weight.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          I give Ortiz the edge because he has hit rock bottom already. He knows what it's like for everyone to question his heart/dedication. He's had some rough fights. He did some dumb **** against Floyd, but he knows he has to move on. He lost, and he'll probably be looking to come back stronger.

Canelo hasn't had any opposition that will come at him with the intensity that Ortiz will. Canelo hasn't fought anyone yet where he's experienced massive discomfort. His stamina was looking questionable against Cintron too, and his low work-rate will make him a sitting duck. We also don't know how he'll handle a southpaw yet. I think people should not be fooled by Ortiz's past mental fragility, he will be up for this fight. I back Ortiz on this one.

Yes sir. Exactly my feelings.

My brothers both give Canelo the edge.
          I give the edge to Victor.

Compare the opposition and tell me who
          has had the harder opponents?

We all can admit that Canelo has been somewhat
          protected in the kind of opponents he has
          faced.

We have seen Canelo developing into a stronger
          and better boxer. Yes, he has improved over time.
          Like we have expected him to. However, look at
          his opposition. How competitive have his opponents
          been? I really believe Chavez has faced tougher
          challenges.

Victor has been thrown out against very hard opponents.
          Marcos Maidana, Nate Campbell, Lamont Peterson,
          Andre Berto and to top it off Floyd Mayweather
          himself!

Win or lose, he was competitive in each one of these bouts.
          (excluding the Mayweather incident)

I dare say Canelo has never faced anyone near
          Andre Berto's level. In their youth and prime.
          Not that he is amazing but most people assumed
          he would murder Ortiz.
          (I did not)

They both have plenty to lose in this one.

Ortiz has been in this spot before though.
          He is more experienced in handling this
          type of pressure. Victor knows what kind
          of fight this is. He knows how important it
          is. I do not, I repeat, DO NOT see Victor
          messing up here.

As a realist, as a boxing fan, as Victor
          and Canelo fan and as a Mexican, I
          only hope the best man wins, fair and square.
          If it is an extremely close fight, let the trilogy
          begin.

Regardless, I give the edge to Victor.

Comment

Originally posted by lastrealfan View Post
            I have no idea why all these people are picking Ortiz, I have Canelo knocking him out in lets say the 8th round. Maybee sooner. Even in his biggest win against Berto he got dropped Twice. Not to mention his last two losses are by knockout.
            That is what I see happening too. People can talk about Ortiz being big or whatever but the bottom line is that he was fighting at 140 for most of his career. Canelo is a big ass JMW and could make 160 if he chose to do so.

If Ortiz tries to slug it out with Canelo, that man is going down for the count hard.

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
            He's a massive WW. He won't have any issues with moving up. Might make camp better so they can focus more boxing instead of cutting weight.
            It could but his nogging is going to take a thrashing against Canelo. I don't see him making it the full 12 the way he fights.

Comment

Of course not. Another ppv payday for him & ginger fighting yet another welterweight. Damn you Punisher, (but not really).

Comment

Working...
              X