No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: After Lee Fight, Chavez Jr. Likely Headed to 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    YOU might have "forgotten". Chavez 25th fight was his first welterweight fight. He started as a Junior lightweight 130 lbs. Didn't you read the article??

The lad is no coward; keyboard warriors are cowards. His very first fight ever, was his first professional fight. He's still learning. You seem to be keen to write on things about which
    you know.......nothing? No harm, but do a little research.

Since the Rubio fight, up until yesterday, everybody was saying that he was doing very well and was developing into a very tough, not great but good fighter. Astonishing how everybody jumps on a perceived weakness, like a bunch of pirhuanas.....or buzzards. Your kind doesn't have any independent thinking processes. Follow the leader......It only takes the first one to talk crap for everyone to jump on board.

If I wasn't a long-time boxing follower, I wouldn't even bother to read such low level belchings. And I don't mean just you. I think all you guys must have been "spring-cleaned" from a collection of oher sites.
    You took what I said out of context... I should've worded it differently. Chavez started ducking competition @ 147lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
      You took what I said out of context... I should've worded it differently. Chavez started ducking competition @ 147lbs.
      hahahaha that is hilarious!!

Comment

Chavez Camp rejects Lee Camp request

Moments ago at the weigh-in for tomorrow’s WBC middleweight championship fight between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and top contender Andy Lee, representatives of Lee requested to weigh both camp’s gloves. That request was denied by Texas Commission Sports Inspector Robert Tapia. “They brought their own gloves and we brought ours,” explained Lee’s manager, Perry Mandera, “so we thought in the interest of full disclosure and a level playing field, we would weigh both pairs. We weighed ours out in the open in front of everyone. They would not put theirs on the scale. So, I requested Robert Tapia to make them do it. He told me ‘I’m the boss here. I say whether or not we inspect the gloves and we’re not going to.’” Mandera says he then requested Chavez trainer Freddy Roach to weigh the gloves in the spirit of fairness. “He pushed past me and said ‘we don’t have to, so we’re not going to.’”

Lee’s team issued this statement: “We just want everything fair. I don’t know why they wouldn’t drop the gloves on a scale to remove any doubt about a pair of gloves they brought themselves. Yes, it’s a new pair, but you ever buy a pair of shoes that say size 10 and they’re not? That’s all we were trying to resolve. So why won’t they weigh the gloves?”

-Fight News

Comment

Chavez is a joke boxer. That's why he got booed at the Marquez fight in Mexico. Mexicans from Mexico understand that he is a joke, but unfortunately Mexicans in the US that follow him are clueless. Im rooting for Lee tomorrow. Jr is an embarrassment to Mexicans. At least Canelo has improved his opposition with Ortiz. Chavez jr eres un cobarde.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
            What a coward! Ducks any competition from 147-160lbs... Where's he gonna run to @ 168lbs? I'm actually not mad he's moving up to 168lbs since the only way he has a shot at a title is through Froch or Ward. Froch annihilates him easily and Ward puts on a clinic. Martinez should be laughing his ass off!
            A Floyd fan calling someone a coward. LOL Oh man!!! You don't see Chavez Jr. retiring for 2 years just to duck the division.

FYI I don't like Chavez but I find your post funny.

Comment

the perfect time and reason to duck martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                A Floyd fan calling someone a coward. LOL Oh man!!! You don't see Chavez Jr. retiring for 2 years just to duck the division.

FYI I don't like Chavez but I find your post funny.
                Aren't you a Margarito fan???

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  Aren't you a Margarito fan???
                  Yea and I'm a Tim Bradley fan too.

Comment

Originally posted by PacKOtyson View Post
                    Chavez is a joke boxer. That's why he got booed at the Marquez fight in Mexico. Mexicans from Mexico understand that he is a joke, but unfortunately Mexicans in the US that follow him are clueless. Im rooting for Lee tomorrow. Jr is an embarrassment to Mexicans. At least Canelo has improved his opposition with Ortiz. Chavez jr eres un cobarde.
                    Yeah all of my family members in Mexico who follow boxing don't follow Jr.'s fights.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                      i don't know why people keep saying he's afraid of martinez when the wbc champ at 168 is andre ward who i think would be a tougher fight for chavez because not only is ward a skillful fighter,he's younger and bigger than martinez,will take chavez punches better than martinez would have,atleast ward is the same size or even bigger than chavez...to me ward is a bigger challenge than martinez would be
                      If he wont fight Martinez at 160, he damn sure he wont fight Ward

Comment

Working...
                      X