Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum Explains The Pacquiao vs. Bradley Investigation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a blatant Robbery the majority of people feel the same, So tell me how come the commision can't see it and make the decision for it too be overturned what do they need to investigate? Just watch the fight Damn fools.. This is the hole point to it all they are playing us all..We need action not Bs

Comment

Such a black eye for the sport. To the ones who said Bradley clearly won......you either are....

1. New to the sport

OR

2. Have such an allegiance to Floyd that you will NEVER appreciate what Manny has done, and will find anything to knock him no matter how small or insignificant or ridiculous it is

Bottom line is that we all want answers, and we aren't going to get them anytime soon or ever for that matter. It sucks, but this is the politics which this sport has become, and why its become such an easy target to attack. What the sport needs is ONE centralized body like all other major sports in this country. Promoters have to much power, and its hurt the sport, but most importantly....us...the fans. Sadly, College football has a better chance of adopting a 16 team playoff system before boxing ever makes such a radical change like i mentioned with a centralized body. End of the day....as much as you....me....everyone screams in justice, and threatens NOT to watch the next fight....Arum and the rest of the political scum of boxing know damn well we aint going no where, and will continue to feed the monsters of the sport with out hard earned money.

Comment

It doesn't matter if they investigate or not, the decision is the decision and will not be overturned. Robbed or not, just start selling the rematch. I didn't purchase this fight, but I would be more likely to purchase the rematch.

Comment

Talk about censorship! If a fan makes a reasoned sound critique backed up by facts, mostly the writir's own previous words your thread gets deleted. Its amazing how some writers have such thin skin. They can insult and criticize everyone, but when a fan responds and calls out the writer's inconsistency the thread gets deleted! Forums should not have censorship! Censorship should only come in when people are racists or stirring up trouble with hate! But when a forum moderator erases threads because a fan criticizes one of boxinscenes writer/contributor's its just pathetic and it shows that I am in the right!

Comment

If it was such a one-sided beatdown, then why didn't the most prolific boxer of the past decade not KO the featherfisted one-legged jr ww?

Maybe the hype has gotten him to the point where he is held to a higher expectation. When you only fight the last minute of every round and expect to win it on a few flurries while the other guy is looking like he is outboxing you because you are standing there catching your breath, it isn't a good look.

Pac couldn't do to lil Timmy what he could do to Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, DLH and Mosley....when he was supposed to and to a smaller dude with a bum foot.

Not everyone score fights the same way....granted, I still had Pac ahead by a few rounds after watching the fight over 5 times, he didn't win that fight by much. He completely slacked off and Tim was landing punches on the dude whether the crowd wanted to admit it or not.

I'd favor Tim in a rematch....all he has to do is learn to lean to his left and keep boxing and Pac is going to have a hard, hard time. Bradley presented too much movement for him and he missed a lot of shots.....a lot of shots that HBO and I feel to a degree, Compubox gave him credit for.

Comment

There is no investigation, Arum is fronting to make this seem like he has no idea what went on. Everything went according to plan, the only thing is Arum expected Bradley to make it a closer fight so it wouldn't be so blatant.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                If it was such a one-sided beatdown, then why didn't the most prolific boxer of the past decade not KO the featherfisted one-legged jr ww?

Maybe the hype has gotten him to the point where he is held to a higher expectation. When you only fight the last minute of every round and expect to win it on a few flurries while the other guy is looking like he is outboxing you because you are standing there catching your breath, it isn't a good look.

Pac couldn't do to lil Timmy what he could do to Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, DLH and Mosley....when he was supposed to and to a smaller dude with a bum foot.

Not everyone score fights the same way....granted, I still had Pac ahead by a few rounds after watching the fight over 5 times, he didn't win that fight by much. He completely slacked off and Tim was landing punches on the dude whether the crowd wanted to admit it or not.

I'd favor Tim in a rematch....all he has to do is learn to lean to his left and keep boxing and Pac is going to have a hard, hard time. Bradley presented too much movement for him and he missed a lot of shots.....a lot of shots that HBO and I feel to a degree, Compubox gave him credit for.
                i thought timmay was going to box pac's ears off? how come timmay couldnt do that to a 33 year old 1 dimensional fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Machingo69 View Post
                  Are you an idiot? Why would Bradley have to leave Arum? Arum gave him the Pacquiao fight and homeboy got 5 million bucks. The biggest paycheck of his career. Now he can fight who ever he wants and make millions cause he "beat Paquiao".
                  Bradley should leave Arum because Arum is throwing him under the bus to try and cover up his own corruption. For someone who promotes both of these fighters to trash Bradley so bad is inexcusable. I've watched the fight a few times and I think Pac taking so much of each round off hurt him. I thought it was close.
                  Last edited by TechN9ne84; 06-12-2012, 09:48 PM.

Comment

I don't care how senile the judges are made out to be because in the history of the sport the majority of, if not all of the decisions go to the bigger figure in boxing and Pac was/is that and the WBO champion at that. Bob Arum had Bradley start promoting a rematch for crying out loud. How moronic can people be to believe Bob Arum is innocent in this? Bob is a control freak and no one would try to go against him at a top Rank event. I now truly believe that the Clottey fight was fixed and so was Mosley. Bob said Shane only showed up for a check.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X