Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Kim just tweeted that Canelo-Ortiz will be announced tommorow for September 15!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good fight. Hope it actually makes it through though and we ACTUALLY see them inside the ring. There has been to much disappointment in boxing this year. I can see Canelo making Ortiz quit though. However, that is not a knock on Ortiz, as Ortiz has the skills to knock Canelo the ****k out. He also has the power. I assume the fight would be at 154, yet I stick with my notion of Ortiz having power at that weight, such as he had at 140, and currently at 147. Ortiz is a step up in class for Canelo, regardless of him moving up in weight. The differential in caliber of fighters both have faced is evidently clear for anyone who follows boxing. Still, I can't sleep on Canelo and his skills.

Comment

lol Canelo is going to knock him out, Ortiz isn't going to win.

Comment

reading oscars twitter he said hes gonna stack up this sept 15th card!! cant wait for this event

Comment

If this is true so far we have......

Alvarez-Ortiz
          Ponce De Leon-Gonzalez

We could also potentially have Maidana-Soto/Matthysse

This is shaping up to be a great event.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            I won't hold my breath. The way this year is going, I don't believe in any match til both fighters are in the ring.
            This. But nevertheless, if Ortiz-Canelo should actually happen, seems like they are serious about it, I think Kirkland pricing himself out was the best thing that could have happened, now we get a fight 10x more interesting imo.

Comment

If this happens as predicted would there be any chance off the Lopez Ortiz bout being scrapped and Lopez payed comp becuase i think i will die if Matthysse Soto is called off again

Comment

bump, there about to make the announcement!!!!

GoldenBoyPromotions ‏@GoldenBoyBoxing

Happy Tuesday! Getting ready to start a media conference call with Richard Schaefer & @OscarDeLaHoya. Stay tuned for announcement. #boxing

Comment

Oscar De La Hoya ‏@OscarDeLaHoya

On call to announce!!!

Comment

Dis gon be good.

Comment

Michael, Doug or Lem ‏@ringmagazine

Lem: Schaefer and De La Hoya: Knockout Kings for Sept. 15 -- Alvarez vs. Ortiz #BOXING

BORICUABOXING.COM ™ ‏@BoricuaBoxing

@GoldenBoyBoxing announces "Knockout Kings" September 15th at the MGM Grand. Headlining the card: Canelo Alvarez vs. Victor Ortiz! #boxing

Michael, Doug or Lem ‏@ringmagazine

Lem: Other fight is Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Daniel Ponce De Leon #BOXING
                      Expand

Retweet
                      Favorite

GoldenBoyPromotions ‏@GoldenBoyBoxing

Quadrupleheader featuring @CaneloOficial vs @ViciousOrtiz & Jhonny Gonzalez vs @DanielPoncedeL1 plus 2 other fights. #KnockoutKings #boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X