No announcement yet.

Pac's Extracurricular Activities?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pac's Extracurricular Activities?

For starters, I'll establish my opinion that Manny beat Bradley in every sense of the word. Physically battered him, obviously, and even taunted him with his glove-slapping and verbal taunts, telling Tim to come to him instead of running. After round four or five, Bradley was a bit different. He was mentally beaten, regardless of his declarations. It's in his eyes. Threw wild shots with his head down, eyes closed. It was sad. But that's not the point.

Do you think any of Pacquiao's recent headlines and behavioral changes had anything to do with his loss?

His newfound religious status in itself is nothing to hold against him, but even I, as a fan, raised an eyebrow when his entourage member mentioned Manny referring to him as his "disciple". That could rub people the wrong way, as it implies a Christ-like status.

When Obama came out (no pun intended) for gay marriage, and there were reports of Pacquiao's vocal disapproval, and even one extreme report that quoted him as saying that gay men should be killed. That's a little taboo as well.

The last one is more petty, but hearing Duane Ford's recent explanation of his score, he said that Pacquiao didn't "put the ball in the basket". I took this as kind of a slap in the face to Manny, but a deserved one, considering he held up the event for the sake of...? A basketball game. Coincidental choice of words.

Could it all just be a different sort of exposure painted him in a negative light? To the point where it was held against him in his own sport?

I think it's a much more simplistic reason why he lost: corruption.

Comment

I don't have any problem whatsoever with all gay men being killed.

Comment

Never ever make OLD WHITE PEOPLE wait, most specially if you have a fairly dark skin color.

That's the only reason you need to know.

Comment

Manny didnt loose this fight the judges took it from him. Why are there judges 71 and 74 yrs old judging these big fights anyway? If they can do this to Manny than nobody is safe.

Comment

Working...
          X