Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Andre Ward, Chad Dawson Face To Face in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much respect to Bad Chad Dawson, one of my top 3 favorite active fighters. Offering himself at 168 and agreeing to fight in Oakland. A true champion. If Chad loses, he's still the 175 pound Ring/WBC Champion. If Chad wins, he'll be the WBC/WBA/The Ring champion at 168, and Ring/WBC champion at 175. What a feat that would be. People don't realize, although a lot is in Ward's favor, Ward has a lot more to lose than Chad. Ward has that precious "0", and his 3 championships to lose. All Chad Dawson would do with a loss is fall to 31-2, go back to 175 and defend his Ring/WBC titles there. Plus Chad Dawson will most likely be the underdog. So really, everything evens out. Ward has more at stake.

Comment

Great fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Much respect to Bad Chad Dawson, one of my top 3 favorite active fighters. Offering himself at 168 and agreeing to fight in Oakland. A true champion. If Chad loses, he's still the 175 pound Ring/WBC Champion. If Chad wins, he'll be the WBC/WBA/The Ring champion at 168, and Ring/WBC champion at 175. What a feat that would be. People don't realize, although a lot is in Ward's favor, Ward has a lot more to lose than Chad. Ward has that precious "0", and his 3 championships to lose. All Chad Dawson would do with a loss is fall to 31-2, go back to 175 and defend his Ring/WBC titles there. Plus Chad Dawson will most likely be the underdog. So really, everything evens out. Ward has more at stake.
        Chad losses all his belts at 168 with the L and I'm sure he won't keep his WBC even if he wins.
        I didn't like Ward being the only one on Super6 to not fight on the road and with this now I'm rooting for Dawson all the way
        Last edited by Phenom; 06-09-2012, 08:35 PM.

Comment

These are the kind of fights that boxing needs. Props to both fighters.

Comment

Dawson all the way...Andre will get sonned

Comment

SOG my man but I got him losing IF Chad let his hands go

Comment

Good to see them taking risk. Maybe not going to be the most exciting fight but who ever wins is going to climb higher in the P4P list.

Comment

Would love to see Dawson win.

Comment

if you have insomnia, make sure you watch this fight.

Comment

Ward will win!

Comment

Working...
                      X