Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Bradley Has To Make it Ugly or Gets Beat Easy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Bradley Has To Make it Ugly or Gets Beat Easy

During his prizefighting days, living legend and former four-division champion Roy Jones Jr. fought in the city of Las Vegas several times, as he is obviously no stranger to the brightest spotlights that boxing has to offer.

This weekend, from the MGM Grand Garden Arena, Jones will be sitting ringside as he takes in the sport’s next big event, the Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley pay-per-view showdown. An extremely astute color commentator for HBO over the years, Jones loves to break down a good matchup and seems intrigued by Saturday night’s main event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Why can Roy make intelligent comments on what other fighters must do but he does not make intelligent decisions on his own career? I agree with him nonetheless. I find this fight eerily similar to Mayweather-Ortiz in that ppl started believing the hype in Ortiz but if you were honest he was never on Floyd's level. I wanna believe Bradley can pull off the upset but Manny is really good and has a butt load of power.

Comment

Disagree. Bradley needs to use the ring. Pacman's handspeed is negated by movement & a jab won't hurt. Move laterally before Pacman does & watch Pacman do nothing but follow in straight lines eating stiff jabs & hard rights.

Then after a few rounds of confusing & frustrating him, then he can bang with him.

Comment

Bradley cannot stay one-dimensional in there, he needs to give Pacquiao different looks. Bradley will need to brawl and box, not just one or the other. During his boxing phase, he'll need to use foot-work and the jab to keep Pac off-balance and offensively stagnant. On the front foot, he needs to tuck his chin, use the jab to set up his shots, and keep his attack varied. He needs to dig into Pac's chest and let off combinations to the body. He'll also need to clinch to slow any kind of momentum Pac tries to build up.
        Last edited by kiaba360; 06-08-2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CLubberLang View Post
          Why can Roy make intelligent comments on what other fighters must do but he does not make intelligent decisions on his own career? I agree with him nonetheless. I find this fight eerily similar to Mayweather-Ortiz in that ppl started believing the hype in Ortiz but if you were honest he was never on Floyd's level. I wanna believe Bradley can pull off the upset but Manny is really good and has a butt load of power.
          Completely agree... To quote His Royness..."Y'all Musta Forgot". I too would like to see Bradley take this, but I just don't see it. The only reason Pac looked so-so last time out, is he was fighting the 2nd best technition/counter puncher in the world. If you're name isn't Mayweather or Marquez, and you fight at '47 or below, Manny chops you up. Timmy lacks the A level precision that is needed to get to Pacquiao, and I believe this fight is going to be much wider on the scorecards than alot of I people I really respect think it's gonna be. Pac might even stop him inside 10.

Comment

for a guy that has never been stopped, a lot of people are saying that Tim will get stopped...I hope Pac lives up to his expectations.

Comment

The blue print to beat Pac has been laid out 3 times by JMM. The question is can Bradley implement that game plan, or can he show there is another one?

Comment

Bradley has to take his time and box.

If he makes it ugly, he gets KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by CLubberLang View Post
                  Because he's old, shot, and no longer a confident fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                    Bradley has to take his time and box.

If he makes it ugly, he gets KO'd.
                    I see what you're suggesting, but Roy most likely means "make it ugly in a controlled, intelligent way." Not crash in head first wind milling.

Comment

Working...
                    X