Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be a U.S. heavyweight world champion in the next 10 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Bowe
    Moorer weren't that good.
    Holyfied, PEDs and headbutt
    Lewis, Yeah he was good.

I bet Americans think the standard of tennis has dropped too, because they have none of the best tennis players no more too.
    Bowe beat a prime Holyfield, and had other solid wins. Holyfield beat Tyson when he could still fight and Bowe, and was one of the top fighters in his era. Moorer was better than 99% of the current HW's. The only guys he'd lose to in this era is the Klitschko's.

Compare Rid**** Bowe, Evander Holyfield, and Michael Moorer to the top American HW's of the 2000's. Chris Byrd, John Ruiz, Hasim Rahman, I mean c'mon.

The talent and skill level has dropped BIG TIME since the 90's era came to a close, not even the biggest fan of HW's today can dispute that and be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      I love how all these Brit's are experts on America, it's a good laugh.

Anyways, America still hands down produces the best boxers for the most part. American sports aren't falling across the board, morons. American still runs Basketball, never was any good or cared about soccer in the first place, and still beat everyone at the Olympics year after year. We have the NFL, other countries have their rugby. America still produces great Baseball players as well.

Why are there so many people bias against America on here??? We have our problems just like any other country, we also have a lot of great things too. And one thing I know for sure, a lot of other countries envy America, hence why everybody and their brother wants to come here.

China top the last Olympic medal table.

And America had to make their own sport up because they couldn't compete with world sports.

Boxing is more and more becoming a world sport and top fighters come from around the world now.

Poverty in America is over 40 million now, I wonder how many Heavyweight champ were lost to crime and drugs.

Better argument there than the Basketball one

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        It hasn't.

You should watch the European HWs more. Wlad, Vitali, Glazkov, Haye, Dinu, Pulev, etc have excellent boxing skills. The universe does not end at the US borders - don't restrict yourself this way.

Better get used to it, the world has been changing. If you look at the results of the last few world amateurs and 2008 Olympics, there are more excellent fighters from other countries like Kazakhstan and Ukraine and fewer from the USA.
        When did I ever say that???? I said when looking at all divisions, American still produces the best boxers for the most part.

Wlad and Vitali aside, I always say they are great fighters.

You're going to tell me that Shannon Briggs, Chris Byrd, John Ruiz, Alexander Povetkin, Denis Boytsov, Kubrat Pulev, and many others can compare to the HW's in the 90's???

Chris Byrd was pretty good, he'd be a good contender in other era's, but not a HW champ and Top HW fighter like he was in the 00's. And I like Pulev, he looks pretty good. Vitali should be fighting someone like that for his last fight, a legit Top 10 HW. I like Boytsov a little bit, but he seems to have stalled. Povetkin is s**t.

The HW division as a whole could get a whole lot better in the next 5 years or so. Wlad and Vitali were really good, always said that. But their rivals were weak as hell. Chris Byrd and David Haye are probably the two best fighters Wlad had to face (what a waste David Haye was in that fight).

Kubrat Pulev, David Price, Bryant Jennings, Denis Boytsov, look to be progressing pretty well. There's other good looking HW prospects that need to step up though. Deontay Wilder, Mike Perez, and Malik Scott most notably.

Comment

Bowe beat a prime Holyfield, and had other solid wins. Holyfield beat Tyson when he could still fight and Bowe, and was one of the top fighters in his era. Moorer was better than 99% of the current HW's. The only guys he'd lose to in this era is the Klitschko's.

Compare Rid**** Bowe, Evander Holyfield, and Michael Moorer to the top American HW's of the 2000's. Chris Byrd, John Ruiz, Hasim Rahman, I mean c'mon.

The talent and skill level has dropped BIG TIME since the 90's era came to a close, not even the biggest fan of HW's today can dispute that and be taken seriously.
          Bowe beat a Holyfield that took too much PED.
          Holyfield got away with headbutting a past it Tyson into submission
          Moorer, got beat by a 46 year old.

I agree with you though American heavyweights are getting worse.

Comment

Does every thread have to end up in a USA against the World spat?

Comment

China top the last Olympic medal table.

And America had to make their own sport up because they couldn't compete with world sports.

Boxing is more and more becoming a world sport and top fighters come from around the world now.

Poverty in America is over 40 million now, I wonder how many Heavyweight champ were lost to crime and drugs.

Better argument there than the Basketball one
              2010 Winter Olympics the USA won the most medals with 37, but Canada won the most gold.

2008 Summer Olympics USA still won the most medals with 110 but China won the most gold.

American usually wins the Summer Olympics and are usually up there in the Winter one's as well.

There are top fighters that come from all over the world no doubt, but America still for the most part produces the best boxers. People are getting all hot and bothered because the rest of the countries aside from the one's that have always been on top, are finally catching up. Good for them, it's good that the world as a whole produces good fighters.

Yeah, America couldn't compete at Rugby, haha. I don't think anyone plays Rugby here unless there in a club at college or something. Rugby is fun as hell to watch though, wish America would get more into it.

Comment

Bowe beat a Holyfield that took too much PED.
                Holyfield got away with headbutting a past it Tyson into submission
                Moorer, got beat by a 46 year old.

I agree with you though American heavyweights are getting worse.
                Aside from the Klitschko's, all the HW's skill level is much less than past era's. I don't see how even a bias Brit could dispute that.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                  Does every thread have to end up in a USA against the World spat?
                  When you have people saying America isn't that good at boxing anymore and suck at sports now, Yes. Because those are ignorant statements.

Even with all these problems that the USA has, it's crazy to see how many non-Americans envy this country.

Comment

2010 Winter Olympics the USA won the most medals with 37, but Canada won the most gold.

2008 Summer Olympics USA still won the most medals with 110 but China won the most gold.

American usually wins the Summer Olympics and are usually up there in the Winter one's as well.

There are top fighters that come from all over the world no doubt, but America still for the most part produces the best boxers. People are getting all hot and bothered because the rest of the countries aside from the one's that have always been on top, are finally catching up. Good for them, it's good that the world as a whole produces good fighters.

Yeah, America couldn't compete at Rugby, haha. I don't think anyone plays Rugby here unless there in a club at college or something. Rugby is fun as hell to watch though, wish America would get more into it.

There is a decline, and per a capita, Britain does better than the States. This decline will continue.

Boxing is growing in the rest of the world.

The amount of people boxing in the UK has gone up 40% from 2007-2011 and 120% for the ages between 20-24

Comment

I believe that most American heavyweights fight like big men. Sure they are big granted, they're f'ing heavyweights. The problem though is that fighting like a big guy they automatically throw less punches and throw to kill instead of just touching up their opponents. Their movement is also limited because of their weight. But what I'd they were to fight like a small guy? Touch up their opponents. Throw more punches. Move lighter on their feet. More angles. I think that if American heavyweights needed something to stand a chance they would need to fight like smaller men. I hope y'all understand what I'm trying to say. Who do y'all believe would benefit the most from fighting like a smaller guy?

Comment

Working...
                      X