Comments Thread For: Roach: Pacquiao Wants To Prove That He's Not Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
    1st fight was a draw.
    actually no it wasn't, the judge admitted that he missed counted manny's knockdowns. He technically won that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky=Ward View Post
      actually no it wasn't, the judge admitted that he missed counted manny's knockdowns. He technically won that fight.
      And Mosley "technically" knocked down Pacquiao.

Damn, Old Man Mosley knocked Pacroid off his feet lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
        And Mosley "technically" knocked down Pacquiao.

Damn, Old Man Mosley knocked Pacroid off his feet lmao
        sure he did, in that case manny beat marquez last fight because its on the cards.

Comment

You don't seem to understand the concept we're trying to show you. The "cards" aren't always right. Lara-Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky=Ward View Post
            So technically JMM was supposed to win 2 and 3 because it was obvious that the scoring was off for both fights.

Comment

i am really getting sick and tired of all the weak excuses top rank are using to say why pac looked bad v JMM and other fights where pac didnt look good like he was supposed to. to blame the poor outing v JMM on Jinkie is just horrible and it takes away from the fine performance by JMM. and what happened in the 1st two fights? was that jinkie, god, booze, women? i wonder what excuse they will use in this fight? perhaps the leg cramps will return. they should get pac some pamprin before the fight to stop the cramps. too many weak excuses for a top fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                Memo to all: When you have to prove you're "not done," you are done.

You can't fight forever, and there will come a time when that fact is established in the most graphic of terms -- you get KO'd and suddenly realized that you're not the same fighter you used to be.

Manny is about to learn that lesson the hard way.

Boxing is a sport where heart, desire and dedication has its most dramatic impact. You don't have the be the greatest of all time to be a champion, you just have to be the better fighter on the night of the fight. And that, in a nutshell, sums up Pacquiao - Bradley.

Bradley is going to be the better fighter on June 9th. You can see it in the training and in Bradley's confidence level. He knows he put in the work and also knows he is in the best shape of his boxing life, both physically and mentally.

Can Manny say the same thing? Really, can he? I see so many distractions in Manny's life that he looks like the guy getting ready to retire, but not before he collects a big pay check.

Which leads me to the ultimate question: Why is Manny fighting this guy?

Why would Manny provide Bradley with the greatest opportunity (and incentive) to be great. Of all the fighters out there, Bradley posed the biggest threat (outside of maybe Mike Jones, and of course Floyd).

The answer is Bob Arum. He knew Manny would get beat someday, so he made sure he had Bradley under a long-term contract before he put him up against Manny.

If Bradley wins, he's the next boxing superstar and Arum controls the purse strings. If he loses, and loses bad, that long-term deal will expire pretty quickly. Arum will then put his money behind the next Manny killer, if he can find one.
                That what i was exactly thinking! Maybe this is the reason Bob Arum is not allowing his boy Pacquiao face Mayweather. Pacquiao might lose to Floyd and Bob Arum will not be able to make next Top Rank cash cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                  Bottom line:

Manny would rather look done against Bradley than exposed against Mayweather.

Everyone knows that Floyd will take Manny's asss deep into 12 rounds and expose him EVERY SINGLE ROUND.

At least Manny can make it look competitive against Bradley.

I think Manny tried to give a go at it in his last three fights WITHOUT Ariza's shakes and found out that he isn't the dynamo that everyone was telling him that he was.

BTW nice post, Marvin.
                  I think Floyd's excellent boxer however I don't believe every word he says.

Comment

Ariza shakes lol

Is it becoming obvious?

Comment

pac got his butt kicked by JMM the majority of the boxing world is in agreement from hbo,to bleacher report,to espn fighter trainers,all say the same JMM was robbed the 3rd fight was a clearcut JMM win to all the idiots saying pac won that fight your beyond shameless and not even you beleive it,but its on full blown video its pretty non debatable the vid shows pac getting his butt kicked,and JMm even made it look easy!

Comment

Working...
                      X