Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs this era's best Super Middleweights, how would he have performed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
    How the hell can you pick Dirrell over Roy Jones lol
    I'm saying though. What's next? Adrien Broner beats Pernell Whitaker? LMAO

Comment

James toney beats everyone @ smw right now.. PRIME rjj is a once in a lifetime talent. You must be crazy. He beats em all in one night.

Comment

Smh@ dude who picked direll over a prime Roy Jones. Die slow.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I'm saying though. What's next? Adrien Broner beats Pernell Whitaker? LMAO
          The only way Broner beats a prime Whitaker is if they let him bring a gun to the ring.

Poet

Comment

Im one of Dirrells biggest fans but get real... His best win is a DQ to Abraham, who is a middleweight... Or a controversial loss to Froch.

Beating Malinga is a better win than any win Dirrell has at 168... Forget Toney.

Dirrell is too unproven to say he beat prime Roy Jones at 168.

Comment

dirrell has skills, but he couldnt beat roy jones lol

Comment

You really don't know. I want to tell you posters something. Watching a fight on TV when it's actually happening is completely different from watching a fight on Youtube. I can't explain it but it's a fact. There isn't a single fighter in the past 50-60 years who could do what Roy Jones could do. Take for example, his fight with Glen Kelly,.who at the time was a 28 fight unbeaten boxer, identical to Jones in height weight and experience. He ruined Kelly who was KO'd again in his next fight and in his last fight, 4 fights later. He finished with 31-3 (3 KOs).

Did anyone on this board see what he did to Kelly at the time he did it? I did. He fooled around with Kelly for about 6 rds, to give the fans a show, then backed up to the ropes, put both his hands behind his back, stuck his chin out and grinned. Then, with Kelly cautiously moving in with his hands well up, smacked Kelly on the chin with a single punch from straight behind his back and KO'd him. Kelly didn't even have time to move his gloves the fraction which might have saved him. Many didn't even see the punch.

Nobody had ever seen anything close to this in their lifetime. The crowd went crazy. To think that Ward or Dirrell might have a chance to even compete with a prime Roy Jones is...silly.

To think that Dirrell moving away fast could induce Jones to follow him around is also silly. Jones would be already there when Dirrell arrived.

I believe that the closest thing to Jones was a prime Benny Leonard.
                Last edited by edgarg; 06-03-2012, 11:08 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

If you're discussing a prime Roy Jones, then this thread is a complete joke.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    You really don't know. I want to tell you posters something. Watching a fight on TV when it's actually happening is completely different from watching a fight on Youtube. I can't explain it but it's a fact. There isn't a single fighter in the past 50-60 years who could do what Roy Jones could do. Take for example, his fight with Glen Kelly,.who at the time was a 28 fight unbeaten boxer, identical to Jones in height weight and experience. He ruined Kelly who was KO'd again in his next fight and in his last fight, 4 fights later. He finished with 31-3 (3 KOs).

Did anyone on this board see what he did to Kelly at the time he did it? I did. He fooled around with Kelly for about 6 rds, to give the fans a show, then backed up to the ropes, put both his hands behind his back, stuck his chin out and grinned. Then, with Kelly cautiously moving in with his hands well up, smacked Kelly on the chin with a single punch from straight behind his back and KO'd him. Kelly didn't even have time to move his gloves the fraction which might have saved him. Many didn't even see the punch.

Nobody had ever seen anything close to this in their lifetime. The crowd went crazy. To think that Ward or Dirrell might have a chance to even compete with a prime Roy Jones is...silly.

To think that Dirrell moving away fast could induce Jones to follow him around is also silly. Jones would be already there when Dirrell arrived.

i watched that fight against kelly dude, he was really unknown n he wasnt that good at all, but yea RJJR is the most amazing fighter ive ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post

Yeah that Glen Kelly fight had me out of my seat.

And lol @ the Andre Dirrell comments. I didn't even address it because it was so ridiculous.

But what would Dirrell do that Virgil Hill couldn't?

Comment

Working...
                      X