No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peter Quillin Drops, Overpowers, Beats Winky Wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Peter Quillin Drops, Overpowers, Beats Winky Wright

Home Depot Center, Carson, California - Middleweight contender Peter Quillin (27-0, 20KOs) won a ten round unanimous decision over former undisputed 154-pound champion Ronald "Winky" Wright (51-6-1, 25KOs), who returned from a near four year layoff. The scores were 97-92, 98-91, 98-91.

[Click Here To Read More]

good fight. good performance by Chocolate.

Wrinkled Wright put up a good effort more aggressive then I thought he would be.

Comment

it's a decent win, Quillin was a class act tonight. not sure how he'll do against the heavy hitters at 160 but it is a little step up for him. i'm not sure he's ready for Martinez, Golovkin or Pirog but if Chavez jr gets cold feet and cowers from Martinez again, maybe it's Martinez vs Quillin might happen, even if he's ready or not.

Comment

No KO but KC drops Winky on his stinky!

He's awkward and hits wits a lot of power. He's been hated on all 27 of his fights. Sergio has been dodging him, Andy Lee backed out of a scheduled fight,and did I mention he has beaten all 27 fighters placed before him?

It is time to start giving him his due respect. His stamina has been questioned now he answers with a 10 round gem against a future hall of famer. He ends the fight looking as if he could go another 10 rounds. For all of you who asked me "Who?" Peter "The Kid Chocolate" Quillin is who! Get used to his name and ugly face because he is the future of the middleweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by B.R!ghteous View Post
          He's awkward and hits wits a lot of power. He's been hated on all 27 of his fights. Sergio has been dodging him, Andy Lee backed out of a scheduled fight,and did I mention he has beaten all 27 fighters placed before him?

It is time to start giving him his due respect. His stamina has been questioned now he answers with a 10 round gem against a future hall of famer. He ends the fight looking as if he could go another 10 rounds. For all of you who asked me "Who?" Peter "The Kid Chocolate" Quillin is who! Get used to his name and ugly face because he is the future of the middleweight division.
          He answered with a 10 round fight against a 40 year old who hadn't seen the ring in 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
            He answered with a 10 round fight against a 40 year old who hadn't seen the ring in 4 years.
            and didnt look impressive to me,honestly nothing special from this guy,just avg and i think hes 30 already?

Comment

You can never take anything away from Winky as far as what he has accomplished in this sport. I just feel that father time eventually catches up with all atheletes at some point. All of that inactivity while waiting on a big fight just doesn't help when you're at the latter part of your career. Also coming in cold and fighting guys like P.Will and Kid Chocalate with no tune up fights to get the ring rust off probably spells disaster for anyone though.
              Last edited by trufightfanatic; 06-03-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Not impressed by Quillin a prime Winky probably destroys him.
                This was a crap fight from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by B.R!ghteous View Post

Hi, Peter Quillin..

Comment

you guys have to realize Quillin is a counter puncher by nature, so from the start I never thought Quillin would look OMG awesome in this fight based on the style clash. with that said I thought he looked good and was an entertaining fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X