No announcement yet.

Prime Vernon Forrest 147 Vs Floyd @ 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOM 3.0
    I'm not questioning Forrest's opposition and it goes both ways, Forrest hasn't faced anyone like Floyd and prime Shane doesn't come close to that either.
    pretty much this

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
      so he was unable to adjust to a c class brawlers punches?..how could he ever be a problem for one of the best defensive and most accurate fighters ever?...I know styles make fights but what is Mayorgas style that allowed him to first Knocke out forrest and then beat Vernon in the rematch?

Mayweather would take the jab away from forrest and break him down....

he is only 2 inches taller than Mayweather and they have the same reach....

Forrest was 6-0 with heavyweight wingspan. Floyd isn't 5-10. I personally believe he was taller than 6, but that's just me.

I'm not questioning Forrest's opposition and it goes both ways, Forrest hasn't faced anyone like Floyd and prime Shane doesn't come close to that either.

That is not a fact bro.

Comment

Originally posted by tikay0036
        Exaclty, which is why his reach advantage would be nullified, and its harder punching up to your opponent.
        an inch and a half man?.....

Floyd has one of the best jabs and up jabs in the game....

Comment

at your boxing knowledge, prime shane gives floyd the fight of his life, and prob beats him by a wide margin.
          Shanes style isnt hard to nullify ....sorry man...also this Prime Shane you speak of was a Balco baby...GTFOH

@you bringing up a prime shane that has already admitted to being on roids and injecting them himself

Comment

Great fight. Forest left his self open to much for a counter puncher like Floyd. Tough matchup for FM but I then Vernon coulda got a close decision, esp if the fight took place after Shane but before mayorga. I'm also bias because I'm from Augusta

Comment

What is not a fact? O.o
              That Floyd beats a prime Sugar Shane.................unless you thought the Mosley Floyd fought was prime?? Then I guess, I mean.....................

Comment

No I don't, and I've always said Floyd would have beaten a prime Shane. Shane does not adjust.
                He also never lost to someone his size.

Comment

you cant compare Mayweather and Mosley....two different styles

Mayweather is a master boxer, great technique great all arounder with great natural attributes

Mosley is a physically gifted athlete, but was a boxer brawler...often depended on his strength and power was technically flawed

Comment

at your boxing knowledge, prime shane gives floyd the fight of his life, and prob beats him by a wide margin.
                    WOW...vernon forrest beats mayweather by a wide Margin?....geez name one elite fighter he has ever beat by a wide Margin?

Comment

you see why no one likes floyd nut huggers. Non floyd huggers will say ok, this guy will beat floyd etc. Floyd huggers will always say "i think floyd would win quite easily."
                      so forrest has a 2 inch height advantage...and thats about the only advantage he has over Floyd....forrest would be outboxed and beat up. This guy barely beat an old Quartey and that was a 10 round fight....now you are telling me that this guy would defeat one of the best fighters ever?....

Comment

Working...
                      X