Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made you a boxing fan? Why do you love the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live in a place where no one watches boxing, or even knows the names of Pacquiao, Mayweather, Hopkins, ....

my passion about boxing started with documentaries like Thrilla in Manilla, Tyson, ....

What I like about boxing is the stories behind fights !

I still prefer to watch count downs, face off, documentaries more than actual fights

I think my passion for boxing grew because it coincided the hard times and setbacks of my university years

I know Boxing is full of corruption, family connections, favoritism, .... but they are all before and after the actual fight !

No one can strip you of the right decision if you have the ability to K.O your opponent, his family, his connections, his PEDs, ... they are useless if you have the ability, it all depends on you !

So, every 12 rounds in the ring represent the LIFE for me !

Boxing for me isn't just a sport, it is embodiment of values I like

Comment

This great thread is one of my bookmarks now, I enjoyed reading it, I hope it gets
      +100 pages same as Broner's memes thread !

Comment

Erik Morales is why I am here.

Saying that, I love boxing because it is the American Dream in twelve rounds. A man enters the ring and fights to, figuratively and literally, make his dreams come true using only the two hands that God gave him. Rich or poor, young or old, black, white, or brown; it all means nothing in the ring (unless Russel Mora is the third man). Truths are told and legends are created every weekend for our ****ing entertainment.

God damn, I am thankful for boxing.

Comment

JCC vs Taylor showed that you could never be out of a fight as long as you've got the drive in you. Later watching sweet Pea put on a show against JCC, Iron Mike Tyson put fear in other Boxers before the bell even rang. I love all types of fighters in color and styles !!! This is the life of modern day gladiators and I love all the Drama, blood, sweat, tears, build up, and heart!!! Even if I wanted to I could never give it up !!!

Comment

Mike Tyson.

Comment

The heart...the brawls...the wars...the skill...the tension...the blood....the feuds....the anger....the upsets....the knockouts....the hype jobs....the underdogs....the robberies....the controversy.....the humbling.....

Comment

Getting in the ring is one of the most honest things to do left in this world. Lies cant live in the ring...if you are not the goods it will be shown.. if you dont have the heart for it that will be exposed. In a world of deception and deceit, where you rarely know where you truly stand.. when you lace up its truth time. Its time to drop the facade we all wear and bare your soul to one infinitesimal moment of divine glory.....

or...... something like that

Comment

I went to grammar school about 3 blocks from ray leonard's gym in palmer park, md. I saw him outside once in the nicest car I had seen to that point and people were all around himacting like he was a super star. Well he was. I asked a guy how could he be that bad if he's that little, kids were bigger. The man was a trainer and showed me leonard duran ii the next day. And I just saw the legend the day before!!

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
                    Getting in the ring is one of the most honest things to do left in this world. Lies cant live in the ring...if you are not the goods it will be shown.. if you dont have the heart for it that will be exposed. In a world of deception and deceit, where you rarely know where you truly stand.. when you lace up its truth time. Its time to drop the facade we all wear and bare your soul to one infinitesimal moment of divine glory.....

or...... something like that
                    I love this post.

Comment

Muhammad Ali.

Comment

Working...
                      X