Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What made you a boxing fan? Why do you love the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumped, for the new posters.

Comment

• The Rocky series is what started it for me. It wasn't until I was 14, when my friend showed me a YouTube video of the Rocky IV training montage and I loved it.

Watched the whole series. Then started catching a lot of Holyfield fights on ESPN Classic. A lot of 80's stuff.

Went to a bar when I was 17 with my dad to watch the Pacquiao vs De La Hoya fight. I liked the atmosphere in the bar. That's when I really started following it.

Comment

• Originally posted by b morph View Post
        The Rocky series is what started it for me. It wasn't until I was 14, when my friend showed me a YouTube video of the Rocky IV training montage and I loved it.

Watched the whole series. Then started catching a lot of Holyfield fights on ESPN Classic. A lot of 80's stuff.

Went to a bar when I was 17 with my dad to watch the Pacquiao vs De La Hoya fight. I liked the atmosphere in the bar. That's when I really started following it.
        Great stuff man. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Sugar Ray Leonard on ESPN classics or whatever it was got me into boxing, Mike Tyson made me look forward to it, and super excited about it.

Comment

• Bump of peace for the new posters.

Comment

• I love fighting and sports in general so boxing is the perfect scapegoat

Comment

• saw andre wards career set and loved that clinching, headbutting, low blowing type of style. he does things that you never see other boxers doing. i call him the technician. when he jumps head first into you without even throwing punches so he smashes your head with his...the sweet science.

Comment

• Julian Jackson - I've still never seen a ko like what's produced to this day
                  and Evander Holyfield - his will and determination

Comment

• I turned from casual to hardcore fan after watching the Mayweather-Cotto fight. I thought Mayweather sucked and couldn't figure out why he won. Then I watched it again, and again, and again, and it dawned upon me... That guy is a focking genius...

Been hooked ever since.

Comment

• Benn vs Eubank

Early Tyson

Late Hagler.

Morales vs Barrera probably made me hardcore. Erik is probably my favourite fighter.
                      Last edited by Amandlala; 09-04-2017, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X