Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up with people thinking pacquiao is some kinda huge puncher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Is that a built in excuse when he loses to Mayweather?
    lol what a dumb response...i don't see the connection at all. how you even pulled that out of your ass is beyond me

forget it...i should've not quoted one of your posts in the first place.
    that was a mistake...i'll just pretend i never talked to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Pac is a big puncher, his fans are just delusional and he is a superhero to them so they overrate the hell out of him to the point where he is arguably the most overrated fighter of the last 20 years.
      Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I concur. He is definitely the most overrated fighter of the last 2 decades.
      Stick to the topic about his power please.......oh you cant your haters arent you?
      But hes beaten everyone very easily for the last 8 years so why is he overated would you say? Floyd thinks hes on roids and is still ducking so he cant be that overated!

Comment

• Lol I have to say this is the best thread I ever made lol

Comment

• Quote from Shane Mosley:

"He (Pacquiao) has some different hitting power. He's not physically strong, but he hits pretty good, like he has a good snap or something. He's got something in his hands where he just, pop, and you can wobble. He can hurt you. ... It must be the way he throws his punches. he's not that fast... He has decent speed, but it's not like, 'Oh my God, this guy is so fast.' I felt Mayweather was faster than Pacquiao. ... With Pacquiao, he just touches you and you're already wobbling."

In regards to the TA's OP... Pacquiao is quite obviously a big puncher by any reasonable standard. Trying to make the argument that Cotto or somebody doesn't actually hit that hard or something might seem more reasonable. If Pacquiao puts one of his loaded power shots on the button he will destroy the target. Unlike virtually every other professional boxer active at this time except for a very small handful.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Stick to the topic about his power please.......oh you cant your haters arent you?
            But hes beaten everyone very easily for the last 8 years so why is he overated would you say? Floyd thinks hes on roids and is still ducking so he cant be that overated!
            He lost or drew to Marquez according to 75% of boxing fans and he recently lost his #1 p4p status. His power is one of many overrated attributes and my post was quite relevant to the topic and many people on here agree.

No point discussing this with you though, you're universally regarded as one of the, if not the absolute dumbest most terrible poster on this forum. To have been watching boxing since at least 2006 and have the opinions that you do is an absolute tragedy. You are a testament to human stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
              Quote from Shane Mosley:

"He (Pacquiao) has some different hitting power. He's not physically strong, but he hits pretty good, like he has a good snap or something. He's got something in his hands where he just, pop, and you can wobble. He can hurt you. ... It must be the way he throws his punches. he's not that fast... He has decent speed, but it's not like, 'Oh my God, this guy is so fast.' I felt Mayweather was faster than Pacquiao. ... With Pacquiao, he just touches you and you're already wobbling."

In regards to the TA's OP... Pacquiao is quite obviously a big puncher by any reasonable standard. Trying to make the argument that Cotto or somebody doesn't actually hit that hard or something might seem more reasonable. If Pacquiao puts one of his loaded power shots on the button he will destroy the target. Unlike virtually every other professional boxer active at this time except for a very small handful.
              even though mosley is shot...his chin is the only thing that i think is still good. mosley took some hard shots from canelo (a guy much larger than pac) and never went down..at one point he looked like he was going to hit the canvas but still stayed up and still came forward. but with pac you can tell that his punches were affecting mosley (explains why he was in defensive mode and almost wanted to quit) ..and also add in that one punch KD in the 3rd round. So pac is still a big puncher but imo i thought pac was a much bigger puncher back at 122-126.

Comment

• he dropped mosley with one shot and had him running the whole fight after that. he hurt margarito with a body shot and then a right hook in the 10th and just completely broke his face. dropped cotto twice with single shots. flattened ricky hatton. and these are all guys naturally much bigger than he is. no reason to question his power. he didn't get to marquez last time because marquez has felt the power twice and was smart enough not to run into it again.

Comment

• Pacquiao has become a much bigger puncher since leaving 130.

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                    Quote from Shane Mosley:

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Pacquiao has become a much bigger puncher since leaving 130.
                    Pac is a naturally heavy handed fighter. People act like Pac was paulie malignaggi before he went past 130. Pac has always been a puncher.

& the only fighters that pac obliterated was hatton who had a shaky chin, ditto with cotto who has been hurt in a lot of his fights including at 140, shane was way old & past prime yet they went the distance. Margarito fight went the distance. Clottey went the distance.

If pac was roiding then the second & third go around with marquez should have produced a definitive & obliterating victory.

The fact that pac still struggles with marqeuz tells me all i need to know that pac is clean.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                      Pac is a naturally heavy handed fighter. People act like Pac was paulie malignaggi before he went past 130. Pac has always been a puncher.

& the only fighters that pac obliterated was hatton who had a shaky chin, ditto with cotto who has been hurt in a lot of his fights including at 140, shane was way old & past prime yet they went the distance. Margarito fight went the distance. Clottey went the distance.

If pac was roiding then the second & third go around with marquez should have produced a definitive & obliterating victory.

The fact that pac still struggles with marqeuz tells me all i need to know that pac is clean.
                      Yeah but the Manny Pacquiao that was beating on Jorge Solis couldn't stop Miguel Cotto, I'm sorry.

Comment

Working...
                      X