Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Andre Ward Stop Bute as Quickly as Froch Did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward either ud's him easily, or stops him late. I picked the ud because Ward isn't a ko artist. But Bute does have tin can chin, so you never know.

Comment

Later, but only because of stylistic differences.

Comment

Ward let Carl steal his thunder by not fighting Bute.

That could have been Ward beating another unbeaten champion and only other threat in the division. He could have looked great if it was a landslide decision too but he chose not to fight Bute so he has sen that golden opportunity disappear forever. He couldnt have stopped Bute but I imagine it would resemble the Green fight with Wward pinning Bute against the ropes and the taller man covering up unable to fire back.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
          Ward let Carl steal his thunder by not fighting Bute.

That could have been Ward beating another unbeaten champion and only other threat in the division. He could have looked great if it was a landslide decision too but he chose not to fight Bute so he has sen that golden opportunity disappear forever. He couldnt have stopped Bute but I imagine it would resemble the Green fight with Wward pinning Bute against the ropes and the taller man covering up unable to fire back.
          Bute's still way better than Green.

Comment

ward would have a much dangerous encounter against bute, bute could spark him at any moment, i dont see ward getting him out of there

Comment

He won't be topping that performance, but Bute's defense is so bad I highly doubt Ward has anything to worry about in the way of a boxing match.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                So lets imagine Bute vs Ward happens in the next year, do you think Ward is able to match Froch's performance, will he stop Bute quicker or in the same round as Froch, or does Bute beat Ward?
                Bute has a much better chance of stopping Ward than Ward stopping Bute.

Ward lacks the power to trouble Bute, Bute has the power to KO Ward.

Would be a good fight IMO.

Would Ward go over to Montreal and fight Bute?

Does he have the balls to do that?

Comment

He stops him late or it's a UD but I think this fight is tougher for ward then people think Carl will take a couple to give one ward won't it'll be a chess game.
                  I also think bute speed gives him trouble but ward will still win.

Comment

styles make fights

bute wouldnt put a glove on ward

ward wouldnt put a ton of leather on bute, either, but you'd certainly know who was winning the fight.

Comment

close fight but i think bute would win

Comment

Working...
                      X