Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Williams paralyzed after motorcycle accident?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrific news, lets hope the doctors can do all they can for him. We know he's a fighter and will battle this, shocking absolutely shocking.

Comment

Let's be honest here. Usually when a story like this breaks they try to spin it positive and only give you the truly bad news after a couple days.

It sounds like this was a really bad accident where ending up paralyzed is the best case scenario.

Doesn't look/sound good for PWill. Not sure if he has family or kids but thankfully he has made some money and they should be taken care of.

For anyone out there reading this. It's time to get off the damn bike. Think about the other people in your life first and yourself 2nd.

Comment

Dang!

I hope it's just like Monta Ellis type of accident with a moped.

Comment

My father just saw something terrible happen to someone on their motorcycle about two weeks ago. The guy got hit, flew off, and went back first into a stop sign. Those things truly are too risky for any athlete to risk riding.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            My father just saw something terrible happen to someone on their motorcycle about two weeks ago. The guy got hit, flew off, and went back first into a stop sign. Those things truly are too risky for any athlete to risk riding.
            Most footballer in england are ban by their managers from owning a bike..

Comment

wow, i hope he recovers from it, i dont want to sound mean but from the times ive been to the usa i rarely see them wearing full leathers let alone a spine protector, more than likely he was a squid with a helmet and nothing else for protection, the shame here is wearing the proper protective clothing probably would have left him with bumps and bruises, a couple weeks of taking it easy then back to action. Such a shame.

Comment

Absolutely speechless hope this isn’t as bad as it first seems and Paul can make a full recovery and have the normality he once enjoyed.
                Last edited by komodo; 05-28-2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Any confirmation from a different source other than that little blog everyone is just gullibly swallowing?

all the sports media should be over this by now and that doesn't seem to be the case

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                    Any confirmation from a different source other than that little blog everyone is just gullibly swallowing?

all the sports media should be over this by now and that doesn't seem to be the case
                    I was reading it from the Augusta NBC news affiliate. It seems that the local news in Augusta has reported on this. Not much in the way of details other than Paul Williams the boxer was in a motorcycle accident that is going to leave him paralyzed from the waist down.

Also, it's now updated and on the home page of boxingscene here.

It's unfortunately true.

Comment

sad news...i hope that williams can make a quick recovery and that this doesn't have a big negative impact on his boxing career.

Comment

Working...
                      X