Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naazim Richardson= Overrated trainer. You cant be considered "GREAT" by piggybacking!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at the end of the day is all about the fighter not the trainer
    so who cares

Comment

totally agree, freddie roach comes to mind also, as an overated trainer. i actually think khan was a better all round boxer before he took on freddie, his main game now is pitter patter combo,s,

Comment

I thought he was a well respected trainer before he got his mainstream "success" followign the Marg incident?

I certainley don't think he's over-rated at all. I think people give the guy his just dues. Plus I think most people like the dude because whenever you hear an interview with the guy he talks the most sense about the sport (at least in terms of trainers) and he's pretty humble dude.

The TS must be drinking some haterade.

Comment

he does get overrated as a trainer and has nothing to add in the corner as far as tactics go..I dont think he has a game plan for his fighters..he never has the right sparring partners, instead he just throws in his son to try to imitate the boxer as best as he can, even though his son is a very mediocre amateur fighter..I truly think he just holds his hands out, does pad work, and throws a towel in their face every so often..Im not saying he shouldnt be involved in boxing in some way, maybe as a cut man/corner man..but not as a head trainer. he just doesnt possess the know how to train his fighters correctly.

Comment

Have you ever seen Mosley systematically clinch his opponent like he did to Margarito? No. That was a tactical adjustment that helped him win the fight, without it he would have probably lost a decision. Everybody was talking about Margarito's workrate and Nazim just told Mosley to do one simple thing that totally nullified that workrate and nobody saw it coming. Give the man his credit.

Comment

Originally posted by INCOGNIT0 View Post
              he does get overrated as a trainer and has nothing to add in the corner as far as tactics go..I dont think he has a game plan for his fighters..he never has the right sparring partners, instead he just throws in his son to try to imitate the boxer as best as he can, even though his son is a very mediocre amateur fighter..I truly think he just holds his hands out, does pad work, and throws a towel in their face every so often..Im not saying he shouldnt be involved in boxing in some way, maybe as a cut man/corner man..but not as a head trainer. he just doesnt possess the know how to train his fighters correctly.
              And this is based on?

Please don't tell me it's based on Mosley's performance against the likes of Floyd & Manny?

Comment

Freddie Roach told that same 40 years old Hopkins to retire and look where Naz has brought that same 40 year old Yearzzzzzzz later.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                  Have you ever seen Mosley systematically clinch his opponent like he did to Margarito? No. That was a tactical adjustment that helped him win the fight, without it he would have probably lost a decision. Everybody was talking about Margarito's workrate and Nazim just told Mosley to do one simple thing that totally nullified that workrate and nobody saw it coming. Give the man his credit.
                  mosley has always been a clincher. watch the vargas fights.
                  Last edited by Big_L; 05-28-2012, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
                    I actually agree too. It also seems like he puts on an act for the camera with all his clever sayings.
                    lol

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                    And this is based on?

Please don't tell me it's based on Mosley's performance against the likes of Floyd & Manny?
                    Mosleys Performance is his performance. The trainer offers a game plan..a tactic..and if the fighter doesnt go through, thats not the trainers fault..but in this sense. The trainer doesnt offer a game plan.

read my post. I said what its based on in there. he doesnt have a game plan..throws in his son as a "sparring partner"..essentially trains them the same way every time, by just holding pads..ect. Not every corner man should be a trainer just because theyve been around 20 years..that doesnt make them knowledgeable on developing a game plan to face a fighter, or knowledgeable of picking sparring partners with similar styles..ect..as someone who has been around boxing gyms for years..I say it as old school trainers say it.."any mother****er can hold the pads"

Comment

Originally posted by INCOGNIT0 View Post
                      lol

Mosleys Performance is his performance. The trainer offers a game plan..a tactic..and if the fighter doesnt go through, thats not the trainers fault..but in this sense. The trainer doesnt offer a game plan.

read my post. I said what its based on in there. he doesnt have a game plan..throws in his son as a "sparring partner"..essentially trains them the same way every time, by just holding pads..ect. Not every corner man should be a trainer just because theyve been around 20 years..that doesnt make them knowledgeable on developing a game plan to face a fighter, or knowledgeable of picking sparring partners with similar styles..ect..as someone who has been around boxing gyms for years..I say it as old school trainers say it.."any mother****er can hold the pads"
                      If he doesn't have a game plan or is nothing more than a good corner man, I doubt B-Hop and Shane would have kept him on IMO.

We don't see everything that goes on behind the scenes so we can't really judge. And we definitely can't make an accurate assessment based of Eli Seckback (sp) videos or the 24/7 or Fight Camp 360. So we don't know how Naz goes over the tactics with his fighters or what sort of instructions he gives them before hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X