No announcement yet.

Froch's resume - nothing legendary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
    You can pick holes in anyone's resume that's child's play.

Name me a fighter who has gone on such a run of top opponents without tune ups or a sizeable lay-off in between?

Froch deserves all the respect he gets and more, if there was more fighters in this sport with Carl Froch's mentality the glory days would be back.

Absolutely spot on.

Comment

• Nobody is boxing today has sustained this high level of competition and even losing was competitive in the fight. Name another fighter that has this many top fighters in their resume in a row active right now

Comment

• Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
        Nobody is boxing today has sustained this high level of competition and even losing was competitive in the fight. Name another fighter that has this many top fighters in their resume in a row active right now
        Devon,Vic Darchinean Nonito donaire.

Comment

• Originally posted by mani1 View Post
          Devon,Vic Darchinean Nonito donaire.
          No, No and No

Comment

Hopkins :

Oscar - Blown up welter weight

Eastman - lol you credit that as a good win for Hopkins Abraham the guy you just shit on beat him in his very next figh AA was only 16-0 at that time.

Taylor - Lost

Taylor - Lost

Tarver - Good win

Winky - Close and scrappy

Calzaghe - Lost

Pavlik - Good win
            I shat on Abraham at 168, never said he wasn't elite at 160.

You said the Winky fight was close but you don't think the Taylor fights were?

Bottom line is this 8 fight streak from Hopkins is more impressive than Froch's and you know it.

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
            Nobody is boxing today has sustained this high level of competition and even losing was competitive in the fight. Name another fighter that has this many top fighters in their resume in a row active right now
            Hopkins.

Comment

No, No and No
              You must really over rate Taylor Arthur Johnson Even Pascal who was unproven at 168 and unproven Dirrell who I feel beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                Beating a post-prime Eubank at 168 > beating Abraham. AA never beat any elite fighter in the division, only dude he beat is Taylor who was coming off a KO loss. And when AA fought Froch he was coming off a fight where he was thoroughly outclassed before the controversial ending.

The Eubank that Calzaghe fought would starch AA.

If AA is a good win for Froch then Eubank is a good win for Calzaghe.

Why would you rank the guy higher than Ward when Ward dominated him, won the tournament and dominated another fighter who beat Froch?

Hopkins :

Oscar
                Eastman
                Taylor
                Taylor
                Tarver
                Winky
                Calzaghe
                Pavlik

Froch can't fuck with that, and that's just in the last decade.
                I dont know whats more embarrassing:

1. The fact that Bernard fought a blown up WW in DLH

2. the fact he was losing on the cards when DLH took a dive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                  I dont know whats more embarrassing:

1. The fact that Bernard fought a blown up WW in DLH

2. the fact he was losing on the cards when DLH took a dive.
                  Uh no, no he was not.

Comment

• I don't understand how yall are calling this mans resume crap because he lost to Kessler in a close fought fight that could have gone to either guy IMO while since I seen the fight tho and ward???

But you'll call oscars great who lost to damn near every big name fighter he fought-_-

Comment

• Originally posted by mayney View Post
                      So you go against a fighter, because some people who you don't know make some comments on a forum that you don't agree with? Froch TKO's Bute and you praise him, but because some people got over excited you go against him? I don't understand the logic in that. If you are sick of the Froch appreciation threads then don't read them.
                      Yes, you wrote my feelings exactly, word for word. Good for you, you've been reading and can comprehend.

It is sickening, and even boxing writers have made articles on how sadly fans can nuthug a fighter. So badly, that the fanbase actually hurts the fighter, and it's so true.

Comment

Working...
                      X