Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Still Super, As Evidenced In Destruction of Bute

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by liuj88 View Post
    Is there anyone else here who thinks that Showtime made a big mistake by not televising this fight? They must have thought that Bute would easily defeat Froch, and so would rather wait to broadcast a more competitive, and therefore more attractive, fight. Boy, were they wrong. Big time.

Bute isn't the only one who lost. Showtime is feeling the pain, too.
    I dunno why they passed on it... maybe the price on it was too much for their budget

Comment

Was the OP watching a different fight?? Bute landed maybe one powershot. Yet again, it seems, that there is an anti-British theme in this forum and it sucks.

Well done Carl

Comment

Froch - Kessler rematch on neutral grounds - winner gets a rematch with Andre 'The Headbutter' Ward. Lets do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
          Froch - Kessler rematch on neutral grounds - winner gets a rematch with Andre 'The Headbutter' Ward. Lets do it.

Froch-Kessler 2 In UK (only fair seen as the first was in Kesslers backyard) and if Froch wins Froch-Kessler 3 in America.

Comment

Originally posted by SAJ10 View Post
            Froch and Kessler are two warriors but they are both joint second best in SMW division.

Bute - I've said it for ages is pure hype. All the warning signs were there - no chin and his defensive nous - shocking.

Sits on the ropes - doesn't know how to dip or tie an opponent up.

Credit to Froch for doing what he did last night - but lets not get carried away, Bute was proven to be a paper champ - Froch's true level was exposed by Ward in a one-sided domination in the S6 final.

Froch has never been no:1 in his division and never will be.
            He will be if Ward moves up after the Dawson fight. Who else is there for Ward to fight at SMW? I do wanna see Froch fight Kessler in a rematch because he will avenge that loss. Froch should not try to fight Ward before redeeming himself for the Kessler fight tho. Ward is 2 steps ahead of him & a rematch at this point would be far too soon it would be the same outcome. Good **** from Froch! I didnt expect such a one sided dominant beatdown, though I didn't expect Bute to score a KO. I knew Bute was chinny, but Froch showed himself to be in another class with this performance.
            Last edited by rogdogx; 05-27-2012, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              Froch-Kessler 2 In UK (only fair seen as the first was in Kesslers backyard) and if Froch wins Froch-Kessler 3 in America.
              It will be a cold day in hell before Kessler grows the balls to come to England.

Watch and see soon Sauerland and Kessler will be talking about how they are offering huge money to bring the fight to Denmark, which makes no sense, and Froch will never agree to.

Kessler just wants to be a stay at home paper champ just like Bute was. He will target the winner of Abraham- Stieglitz and the bull**** belt that goes with it and his promoter will make sure he gets the fight at home even though he will be the challenger.

Comment

Originally posted by SAJ10 View Post
                Froch has faced the best opposition of any British fighter, he deserves to go down in history as the finest British middleweight of all time (move over Calzaghe)

Lets compare wins

Hopkins Legend at LHW no:1 the best fighter in the LHW division when he fought him - W

Kessler prime SW unification W

Lacy SMW unification W

Eubanks for the SMW W (Eubanks past his best but Joe never done more 8 rounds and only been past 2 rounds in two other fights before facing Eubank. Joe v green

RJJ - Definitely past his best, but if we're crediting Froch's win over Johnson as some sort of great win then this at least equals it.

Reid former SMW Champ

Brewer former SMW Champ

Mitchell former SMW Champ

Woodhall former SMW Champ

Bika - V Tough nights work for anybody

Sheika

Pascal W Not a SMW

Bute W Froch's best performance but like Lacy hugely hyped with no chin.

Taylor MW past his best 5 losses in his last 8 fights when he faced Froch

AA Never been SMW Champ

Dirrell Green when they fought W

Johnson Way past his best coming down to SMW - with losses to guys like Clinton Woods

I've said it before and I'll say it again Froch's resume is hugely overrated. Two of his most respected wins are against career MW's - Taylor as his record showed was well past his best.

Pascal was a LH and Dirrell green as the grass.

Froch record is because these guys came one after the other but when analysed individually its not that great.

The two best guys he fought he lost to - one he got dominated by.

Joe beat Hopkins a legend in Vegas Froch got dominated by Ward. Calzaghe beat a prime fresh Kessler taking his 0 in a unification.

Froch lost his title to a shopworn Kessler.

Joe held every belt in the SMW division - unifying twice and held the ring.

Froch lost his only unification fight and lost fighting for the ring belt

Froch is no:2 in one weight division

Joe was the undisputed man at 2 weights when he retired.

I can go on.....
                What are you talking about Taylor only has 4 losses and he only had 2 losses going into the Froch fight, both to Kelly Pavlik.

Comment

He will be if Ward moves up after the Dawson fight. Who else is there for Ward to fight at SMW? I do wanna see Froch fight Kessler in a rematch because he will avenge that loss. Froch should not try to fight Ward before redeeming himself for the Kessler fight tho. Ward is 2 steps ahead of him & a rematch at this point would be far too soon it would be the same outcome. Good **** from Froch! I didnt expect such a one sided dominant beatdown, though I didn't expect Bute to score a KO. I knew Bute was chinny, but Froch showed himself to be in another class with this performance.

Yeah - well he has to beat Kessler first and even then its a very different version of kessler now.

But he's already lost to the best guy in the division - to say he's no:1 because Ward who proved he was no:1 moved up doesn't hold the same merit.

Calzaghe beat Kessler to prove he was the best - if kessler moved up and we said ok, well now Calzaghe is no:1 it isn't the same.

If Froch beats Ward and Kessler and steps up to LHW and beats the no:1 guy there - then he surpasses Calzaghe.

At the moment - Froch has beaten the best of the rest.

Calzaghe has beaten the best of the best in two divisions - huge difference.

Comment

What are you talking about Taylor only has 4 losses and he only had 2 losses going into the Froch fight, both to Kelly Pavlik.

Correct - I meant he had 4 loses and a draw before he retired initially. His record before he retired initially was 4 losses, 1 draw out of the last 8 fights.

That's only 3 wins - awful record, clearly past his best and against Froch fighting a division north of where he had all his career success.

Comment

Kessler just wants to be a stay at home paper champ just like Bute was. He will target the winner of Abraham- Stieglitz and the bull**** belt that goes with it and his promoter will make sure he gets the fight at home even though he will be the challenger.

Yeah - that's why he fought Calzaghe in UK and Ward in America.

Comment

Working...
                      X