Collapse
No announcement yet.

This just proved how good Andre Ward is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't understand why people are still saying Ward ducked Bute. Ward wanted Bute to earn a fight with him, Bute felt entitled to fight the very best after beating nothing but C level fighters his whole career.

Ward wanted Bute to prove he was worthy. Bute stepped up to prove himself and got absolutely destroyed, the fight wasnt even competitive. This is exactly what Ward has been talking about, Bute isn't worthy, Ward wants the best and is fighting the best.

And now Ward is fighting a top 3 LHW in Dawson, he'll clear out the LHW division if he decides to move up IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      I just don't understand why people are still saying Ward ducked Bute. Ward wanted Bute to earn a fight with him, Bute felt entitled to fight the very best after beating nothing but C level fighters his whole career.

Ward wanted Bute to prove he was worthy. Bute stepped up to prove himself and got absolutely destroyed, the fight wasnt even competitive. This is exactly what Ward has been talking about, Bute isn't worthy, Ward wants the best and is fighting the best.

And now Ward is fighting a top 3 LHW in Dawson, he'll clear out the LHW division if he decides to move up IMO.
      please... if ward could clean out LHW, he'd do it... not force Dawson to come down

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
        This win makes Ward's win over Froch even more valid
        no it doesn't... Styles make fights.... Froch can move up to HW and beat Wlad and that wouldn't make Ward's win over Froch more valid.

Ward's gotta fight the fights to get credit for the fight

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          I don't think Ward would be able to dismantle Bute in the same impressive fashion that Froch did. He doesn't have the style or power to do it. I think Ward would decisively beat Bute, but styles make fights so I don't think that the way Froch beat Bute says anything about Ward that we don't already know.

Honestly, I still wouldn't mind seeing Ward vs Bute after a tuneup. I still consider a Bute a top 3-4 super middleweight. What else is there for Ward at 168? He's making Dawson come down to 168 so it doesn't seem like Ward really wants to move up to 175 anytime soon.
          This is False

Comment

Originally posted by Hagler★ View Post
            This is False
            How is that false? Where is the fight taking place then?

Cool star by the way.

Comment

It leaves litttle doubt who is the best supermiddleweight in the world, Andre Ward. But this day is Frochs, it was a great win.

Comment

What it says is the difference in class , that it dont take much in a drop of class to make a big impact in the fight , the difference between an elite fighter and a 10 rounder is really only small but in the fight its huge , its like a race horse that runs second all the time in the group one races and then you lower the grade just a little and it romps home .

Comment

Originally posted by VapeRippa View Post
                  Lmao @ "assuming hes a clean fighter", I mean do you think every american that has embarassed and exposed one of your hyped bums is on something?

The list goes on since black and white, Ali,Leonard,Hagler...

U.S. Boxing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>U.K.'s, its not even close mate.
                  Yes, I think US boxers are suspect when it comes to PEDs, it's almost always them and Ward works with Conte. The list of cheating American fighters is substantial, hell it happens in all US sports and goes right to the top to the supposed 'greats'. As Floyd says, 'these mfers are cheating'.

Ali was stopped by Henry Cooper, it was some Bute-Andrade shit and wasn't there something about him using a banned substance in another fight too? unregulated mofos.
                  Last edited by Weebler I; 05-27-2012, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by miamike View Post
                    It leaves litttle doubt who is the best supermiddleweight in the world, Andre Ward. But this day is Frochs, it was a great win.
                    Can't deny that Ward is #1 right now, but Ward doesn't get credit for beating Bute until he gets in the ring and does it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      What it says is the difference in class , that it dont take much in a drop of class to make a big impact in the fight , the difference between an elite fighter and a 10 rounder is really only small but in the fight its huge , its like a race horse that runs second all the time in the group one races and then you lower the grade just a little and it romps home .
                      Every race is different.

One day a horse will win, another day a different horse will win.

All we know is that today, Ward is #1... but there's no guarantee he will be #1 in the future. And the only way we will know is if Ward fights the fights. Ward can't sit on his laurels and say "Froch beat him so he's not even on my radar".

Don't give Ward credit for something he hasn't done yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X