Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's in a weak chin, all this talk about bradley's chin...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Once Bradley has been in the wars Pacquiao been in then come talk to me about stamina and toughness. Getting up from KD's doesn't make him tough. Lasting 12 rounds in every other fight cause his power sucks doesn't mean he has good stamina. I mean, Im not saying he doesn't have any those but once he's war tested and lasts all 12 rounds then come talk to me about stamina and toughness.

He's about to be in a war June 9th and quite frankly I don't think he's gonna last. Holt ain't no Pacquiao and Bradley ain't no Marquez or Morales. Plain and simple.
    Pacman hasn't been in any war since he left 130. So what he did in his 20's, doesn't mean a damn thing in 2012.

Meanwhile Bradley was the #1 ranked fighter at 140, arguably the best division in boxing at the time. he's beaten at least 3 world champs & unified his title. Pacman beat only 1 champ above 140 & he needed stipulations to do it. The rest were shot fighters & 1 lightweight that beat his a$$. he is now mid thirties & obviously slowing down.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Pacman hasn't been in any war since he left 130. So what he did in his 20's, doesn't mean a damn thing in 2012.

Meanwhile Bradley was the #1 ranked fighter at 140, arguably the best division in boxing at the time. he's beaten at least 3 world champs & unified his title. Pacman beat only 1 champ above 140 & he needed stipulations to do it. The rest were shot fighters & 1 lightweight that beat his a$$. he is now mid thirties & obviously slowing down.
      Oh snap!

Seriously, though, he better not lose to Bradley or the amount of "slick black fighter" threads are going to go through THE roof!

I can't remember the last fighter that was even able to stick to Pacquiao's chest long enough to do effective work. Every fighter he's fought on his way up has, let us say, "mysteriously" been devoid of real foot speed.

Margarito's success did come when he was able to close the gap and fight how he actually fights, not that jabbing from the outside crap he was doing.

Even Cotto only threw a couple winging shots to the body and let him off.

Comment

Great chinned fighters get dropped too. Kessler just last week, Froch, Calzaghe, Marquez, Hopkins, etc etc.

Comment

People look at Holt's record and his losses and think, "oh if he dropped Bradley Pac will kill him."

Well Holt can punch with the best of them. His problem is his chin and activity in the ring. Bradley took Holt's money shot and got up. That's the important thing. Really I don't expect Tim to brawl with Manny anyway. He's going to try and box. Bradley isn't dumb. He's leading everyone on. He will push the pace at times, but if people think he's going to dive in with winging punches (which they seem to) then they will be shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
            People look at Holt's record and his losses and think, "oh if he dropped Bradley Pac will kill him."

Well Holt can punch with the best of them. His problem is his chin and activity in the ring. Bradley took Holt's money shot and got up. That's the important thing. Really I don't expect Tim to brawl with Manny anyway. He's going to try and box. Bradley isn't dumb. He's leading everyone on. He will push the pace at times, but if people think he's going to dive in with winging punches (which they seem to) then they will be shocked.
            One could argue that Holt possess's more 1 punch power than Pacman who's power comes from combinations & angles. Bradley is gonna come in there & dance around Pacman all night popping him at will. People seem to be in a trance or brainwashed concerning this matchup. Bradley has a full arsenal. Inside game, outside game, movement & speed.

Point blank period, Bradley has better footwork & footspeed than all of Pacman's opponents for the last 3 years.

Comment

lol not sure why people think Pacquiao hits harder then Holt...I personally don't think So, people are so caught up into the Pacquiao hype that it is making them see things they really don't see, Pacquiao haven't knocked anybody at 147 yet so I think some people are really overrating his Power and is still holding to the Ricky Hatton Knock Out...WHICH WAS AT 140 (NOT 147)

a Weak Chin would have been Bradley not being able to get up and Recover after getting dropped...you know kinda like how Khan wasn't able to get up after Prescott dropped him, like Roy Jones when he goes down, those are weak chin

it is kind a stupid to claim somebody got a weak chin when every time they got hurt they was able to recover and WIN THEIR FIGHTS!

Comment

You're talking like a fighter should be in wars his whole career. Like I said, once Bradley gets himself into a war then come talk to me about toughness and stamina. Pressing 300 lbs doesn't make you tough neither does talking about it.

Comment

You're wrong on 3 of the bolded. Pacman does not have the edge in timing, stamina or toughness.
                  I could be wrong. It sure would not be the first time. We will find out in two weeks. As someone who roots for Pacquiao I am worried about this fight. Bradley is very good. I just think Pacquiao is better.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    You're talking like a fighter should be in wars his whole career. Like I said, once Bradley gets himself into a war then come talk to me about toughness and stamina. Pressing 300 lbs doesn't make you tough neither does talking about it.
                    No, no I'm not. You mentioned Pacman's wars, not me. I just told ya he hasn't had 1 since 130. But I'd pic Bradley's jr welterweight resume over Pacman's at 147 & the farce at 154 any day. Don't put words in my mouth, thanks.

Comment

I'm a floyd fan but pacman fought some good fighter at 147. Pacman is still a great fighter and he will beat bradley. Pacquiao is going to have a rough time against bradley!

Comment

Working...
                      X