Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your love for boxing make you biased towards MMA/UFC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard in an Interview that Haye said Dos Santos is the only MMA Fighter who could win a World Title in Boxing that's a great complement

Comment

No. Just don't get into the kicking, wrestling, and the fact they wear WWE/WWF like underwear.

Comment

i notice that a lot of boxing fans doesnt like mma or ufc at all. when u bring it up they get mad and starts talking shii1t about how its gay its just 2 guys rolling around. but when u talk boxing to mma fans they love it. u wont hear them say boxing is gay. most of the top title holder in ufc right now their best weapon is stand up so mma fans would never hate on boxing. i never see basketball fans hating on football fans but with the boxing fans some of u guys just take this to serious. mma and boxing is both under the same catagory and thats fighting so i dont see why u need to hate on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
          I heard in an Interview that Haye said Dos Santos is the only MMA Fighter who could win a World Title in Boxing that's a great complement
          a lot of these boxing fans doesnt give these mma fighters enough credit for their stand up game. theres also a lot of pro boxers that are bums so i dont know why boxing fans make it so hard to accept the fact that a mma guy can be a great boxer also. u have to remember these guys doesnt train fully on just boxing they train on stand up, ground, everything!! even if their striking is not perfect u have to respect the work they put in. these guys just dont spend all day on striking, im sure if they did like these boxers their strikings would be amazing also.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
            He wouldn't beat the Klitschkos, but JDS without a doubt in my mind would be in the top 10 heavyweights today. He's one of the best pure boxers the sport has ever seen. To some that's not saying much but to me it is.

The funny part about that is Junior has only been on the ground a total of like 20 seconds in like 7 of his fights in the UFC, he's having this much success as a pure boxer. It's pretty amazing.

Originally posted by Evol View Post
            i notice that a lot of boxing fans doesnt like mma or ufc at all. when u bring it up they get mad and starts talking shii1t about how its gay its just 2 guys rolling around. but when u talk boxing to mma fans they love it. u wont hear them say boxing is gay. most of the top title holder in ufc right now their best weapon is stand up so mma fans would never hate on boxing.
            Where the hell have you been since 2006?

Comment

a lot of these boxing fans doesnt give these mma fighters enough credit for their stand up game. theres also a lot of pro boxers that are bums so i dont know why boxing fans make it so hard to accept the fact that a mma guy can be a great boxer also. u have to remember these guys doesnt train fully on just boxing they train on stand up, ground, everything!! even if their striking is not perfect u have to respect the work they put in. these guys just dont spend all day on striking, im sure if they did like these boxers their strikings would be amazing also.
              When talking the elite level of all weight classes for both sports, here's how I see it.

MMA guys would smash and beat the s**t out of boxers at MMA.

Top boxers would school and out class MMA guys at boxing.

Elite vs. Elite of course.

Two different sports. I just don't get into the kicking and wrestling, which seems to dominate a lot of the action in MMA from the fights I have watched. But you have to give them their respect for sure, they are great fighters at what they do. Same goes for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                When talking the elite level of all weight classes for both sports, here's how I see it.

MMA guys would smash and beat the s**t out of boxers at MMA.

Top boxers would school and out class MMA guys at boxing.

Elite vs. Elite of course.

Two different sports. I just don't get into the kicking and wrestling, which seems to dominate a lot of the action in MMA from the fights I have watched. But you have to give them their respect for sure, they are great fighters at what they do. Same goes for boxing.
                and thats exactly why u will continue to see more kicks and wrestling in mma, because it works in the sport they're in. its just like boxers who are defensive and doesnt like to get hit. its all part of their game. i think its boring sometimes to watch a boxer who doesnt wanna fight toe to toe but i have to understand that thats his style of fighting, thats what he's good at so he's gonna use it. just like these mma guy who likes to throw kicks or be on the ground.

Comment

Ufc is great in its own lot, those dudes are beast. But will never top boxing....

Comment

i notice that a lot of boxing fans doesnt like mma or ufc at all. when u bring it up they get mad and starts talking shii1t about how its gay its just 2 guys rolling around. but when u talk boxing to mma fans they love it. u wont hear them say boxing is gay. most of the top title holder in ufc right now their best weapon is stand up so mma fans would never hate on boxing. i never see basketball fans hating on football fans but with the boxing fans some of u guys just take this to serious. mma and boxing is both under the same catagory and thats fighting so i dont see why u need to hate on it.
                    Great points made

I agree

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
                    He wouldn't beat the Klitschkos, but JDS without a doubt in my mind would be in the top 10 heavyweights today. He's one of the best pure boxers the sport has ever seen. To some that's not saying much but to me it is.

The funny part about that is Junior has only been on the ground a total of like 20 seconds in like 7 of his fights in the UFC, he's having this much success as a pure boxer. It's pretty amazing.

Where the hell have you been since 2006?
                    Great points made if Dos Santos focused in Boxing for a while he could be one of the top Heavyweight Boxers, also yep his tdd is so good that he either stops the takedown or springs back up nearly instantly. I agree that Dos Santos is one of the best Boxers MMA has had

Comment

Only when it comes to punching, it is tough to watch major leagues level punching then not compare differences with double A level punching.

Comment

Working...
                      X