Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Reflects Back, Explains Amir Khan Meltdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He ducked Khan period, Sometimes ducking pays and in this case it does helped him because if he had fought Khan for his highest pay day at in June 2011 like he said he wanted, when he was accusing Khan of "Running out there" and then lost to Khan he wouldnt have been in a position to fight Pacquiao for a better payday.

But ducking is ducking and in this case he called Khan out accuse Khan of running, got offered the fight like he wanted for June and then he ducked the fight, and NO he didnt have zero problem with Shaw.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
      I don't think people are talking about whether Khan could win or not; it's the fact that they both talked about wanting the fight, Khan offered him the fight and Timmy straight ducked his a$$. There's no disputing that.

Yes that ducked has helped Timmy now and it looks like the right decision but why couldn't he have fought Khan then moved onto this fight with Pac if he won? He believe he's the best so he shouldn't have been worried about Khan.
      Shaw is the reason why Bradley would not want to fight Khan,because he would not have been able to move on as easy as you make it seem...Let's not forget Timmy wanted to get away from Shaw since before the Alexander fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        Shaw is the reason why Bradley would not want to fight Khan,because he would not have been able to move on as easy as you make it seem...Let's not forget Timmy wanted to get away from Shaw since before the Alexander fight...
        Why though? Gotta love how Shaw is painted as some villain despite getting a boring ass fighter with a **** style and no personality several big unification fights.

Bradley didnt even want to fight Alexander!! He has this idea that he should be a superstar when he'd most likely be on Friday Night Fights without Shaw.

Comment

I didn't know that. To be honest I didn't know much about Bradley before that Alexander fight.

But it's easy for us to say now that he's made the right decision to duck the Khan fight because he's got the Pacquiao fight now.

We're all a lot smarter with hindsight.

But considering no-one knew that a Pacquiao fight would materialise, he should have fought Khan. Of that there is no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Because he didnt have that offer when he ducked Khan the first time. He had no guarantee that he was fighting Pacquiao until a couple of months ago.

But I can see the revisionist history on this subject is being widely accepted. It wont be long before Yanks will be saying that it was Khan who ducked Bradley.
            Khan did not have anything to offer Bradley,TR did,which was Pac...No matter how ya slice it TR offered the better deal which is why Timmy signed...

Comment

I don't think people are talking about whether Khan could win or not; it's the fact that they both talked about wanting the fight, Khan offered him the fight and Timmy straight ducked his a$$. There's no disputing that.

Yes that ducked has helped Timmy now and it looks like the right decision but why couldn't he have fought Khan then moved onto this fight with Pac if he won? He believe he's the best so he shouldn't have been worried about Khan.

well you are correct, i cant argue your points

Comment

I didn't know that. To be honest I didn't know much about Bradley before that Alexander fight.

But it's easy for us to say now that he's made the right decision to duck the Khan fight because he's got the Pacquiao fight now.

We're all a lot smarter with hindsight.

But considering no-one knew that a Pacquiao fight would materialise, he should have fought Khan. Of that there is no doubt.
                Please do not let people fool you with the Gary shaw story, Bradley had one fight left under shaw when shaw negotiate for the Khan fight, Bradley never even wanted to fight alexander but took the fight after HBO promise him and Alexander a big payday for their next fight, Now i dont blame Bradley entirely but he beetch and moan that Khan doesnt want to fight him, And that he would fight Khan in June or July etc

Khan said to him you fight alexander and i would fight Maidana and we can both fight each other after, When Khan took the McCloskey fight after Maidana Bradley was then even more vocal thinking Khan would not fight him, After that fight he was offered a very nice deal but then he reject it, Its only after he reject it then we saw shaw suing him for lost of earning since he still had one fight left with Bradley.

Fact is he is fighting for a better payday against Pac now but he himself has said "If i lose to Khan"............Which says all that anyone who isnt brainless needs to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Why though? Gotta love how Shaw is painted as some villain despite getting a boring ass fighter with a **** style and no personality several big unification fights.

Bradley didnt even want to fight Alexander!! He has this idea that he should be a superstar when he'd most likely be on Friday Night Fights without Shaw.
                  Shaws job is to not only get Bradley fights,which let's be honest takes care of its self(as long as Bradley keeps winning)...But its also to promote,in this Shaw has failed,nobody is painting Shaw as a vilain...Its a fact....

Comment

Well said by Bradley. And fairly obvious.

Comment

Khan did not have anything to offer Bradley,TR did,which was Pac...No matter how ya slice it TR offered the better deal which is why Timmy signed...
                      Bradley wasn't offered the Pacquiao fight until a couple of months ago. And even then, he was about 3rd or 4th choice. Stop revising history.

Comment

Working...
                      X