No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute-Carl Froch: Next Best Fight Is Good Enough

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute-Carl Froch: Next Best Fight Is Good Enough

By Jake Donovan - The gap between May 5 and June 9 is long enough even if it were loaded with relevant boxing in between. The fact that there is next to nothing to get the audience eager in the time between Floyd Mayweather’s win over Miguel Cotto and Many Pacquiao’s pending showdown with Tim Bradley makes it that much tougher to bear.

For that, we should be grateful that Lucian Bute and Carl Froch were so willing to face one another.

Yes, there are those who wished that Bute was instead facing Andre Ward, the current lineal super middleweight king and the winner of the Showtime Super Six World Boxing Classic. That was the plan from the moment Showtime inked Bute to a three-fight deal last year.

Two fights are already in the books, as Bute was showcased on the network in wins over Brian Magee and Super Six semifinalist Glen Johnson. Both bouts took place last year and Bute was also on hand for the Super Six finals to see who his next opponent would be.

Little did he know, Ward would call an audible at the post-fight press conference to mess up plans.

“I was in line to fight the winner of the Super Six,” Bute (30-0, 24KO) points out. “For a different reason, Ward refuses to fight me and I kind of respect his decision. So, I made a choice. I said I’m going to fight Carl Froch.” [Click Here To Read More]

For as much as has been accomplished in the 34 year old's career [Froch], a signature win is still lacking.
    Jean Pascal?

Comment

carl froch is top draw, no doubt about it.
      says it all there in.
      only world class operator to take on the best and fight abroad.
      if the same carl froch that caned abraham turned up that night against ward i think we may have seen something to compare against his epic win over jean pascal.
      he is better than in the ward fight and i believe he will beat up bute with BIIIG shots for a late stoppage.
      bute has johnson on his record but nobody else that i would consider even near the class as ward,kessler,taylor etc.
      there is nothing to dislike about carl as he is pure entertainment and value for money.
      he will fight anyone,anywhere and dont care!
      hes a serious puncher and probably next to wayne mcculloch has the toughest chin in the sport over the last 20 years to compare.
      ive got money on carl to ko bute between the 4th and the 10th.
      www.williamhill.com go there and pick up excellent odds on this bout either way.

Comment

Good read, I enjoined that.

Froch epitomises Warrior and Bute has a crazy skill set. He's going to have to work very hard to stay away from Carl's bombs for 12 rounds and Froch had better listen to and obey McCracken's instructions if he wants to take this.

26th can't come soon enough.

Comment

All I have to do is figure out how to watch it stateside. Now while i'm more a fan of Froch than Bute, I still respect Bute for going to Froch's place to fight. After all he is the bigger star.

(Although I don't know how), considering he hasn't been in there with any note worthy fighter outside of an old Glen J. And I don't think he dominated the entire fight like they originally claimed. He did finsih the 2nd half strong though. Anyway war Froch!!

Comment

Bute takes this in my opinion. If anyone fancies a bet message me

Comment

Rodriquez Should Be On-Deck

Edwin Rodriquez (IBF#3) deserves to be considered for a title eliminator fight. Froch - Bute is the money fight agreed, but the IBF has to put Rodriquez into the next (12) month schedule of either winner.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Jean Pascal?
                fair point, though Pascal wasn't really proven at the time. Kind of like how Roy's win over BHop in '93 never really rated until well after the fact.

Comment

I don't care about Andre Ward or his fights. He is boring and I'm tired of his "I'm humble and respectful sportsman" persona. You're from Oakland dickhead. Quit trying to fool everyone. **** you Showtime.

Comment

Working...
                  X