Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im not good at grading hand speed bt who is really the fastest fighter of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im not good at grading hand speed bt who is really the fastest fighter of all time

bleacher report of all time has sugar ray leonard number 1 roy jones jr number 2 and number 3 meldrick taylor. in my opinion its meldrick taylor number look at the chavez fight he embarassed him sugar ray leonard was fast bt was hittable against the top fighters he fought meldrick taylor aside from the late rounds against chavez barely got hit and roy jones jr thru great combination bt not at the speed they did and mainly relied on single shot punches srl and tnt always thru combinations so who is really faster srl or meldrick taylor

marquez p4p fastest combination punches

Comment

he is a great accurate combination puncher bt im talkin about speed hand speed foot speed combination speed and accuracy hes is only in one of the categories im talkin about

Comment

Probably Meldrick Taylor

Comment

there was just a big thread on this like yesterday. You should probably check there to see some answers.

I dont agree with all your assesments. SRL got hit some because he was fighting some of the best guys ever and he was fighting very aggressive & offensive at times which will lead you to get hit more. Taylor barley got hit by a great legend in JCC but Chavez has always been a slower fighter so tahts not a good judgment and he still hit him enough times to damage his body & stop him.

Still, if Taylor had fought guys like Duran, Hearns, & Benitez then trust me he would be getting touched also. As for RJ, Montell Griffin has sparred with a young Mayweather and obviously they arent going that hard because of size but he said that RJ was even faster than Floyd and he didnt mean in a P4P sense. He meant head to head he was still faster despite being alot bigger. IDK if I agree with that but it still tells you how fast RJ is.

Also, you cant say that a guy isnt faster just because Taylor is fighting in a flury style where he throws alot more combinations. Thats not fair. Speed is speed and you have to judge them weather its one punch or a flurry. The fact is that alot of those flurries are like 4 or 5 soft punches with one hard punch so you could argue that the combination isnt as lethal as some others. Dont get it twisted though, I love Taylor

Comment

thanks dlt i welcome all criticism i do agree with u on everything u said between the faboulous 4 which should be 5 cuz of benitez bt chavez wasnt that slow i saw the 2 frankie randall fight in where chavez showed good speed in beating him and outboxing him bt i still believe taylor is faster and i believe meldrick is a bit faster and had quicker feet to get in and out so wasnt there to be hit much

Comment

oh yea and dlt what was the name of the other thread talking about speed

Comment

Originally posted by transportcd View Post
                oh yea and dlt what was the name of the other thread talking about speed
                http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...ghlight=taylor

Comment

Without sacrificing power just to throw flashy quick combos, Roy Jones Jr easily has the fastest handspeed in the history of boxing. He threw with blinding handspeed, and not only that, but he would hit you HARD, knock you out. From 154-175 no one could handle prime Jones's handspeed+power.

Taylor looked like he threw flashy stuff, not much pop behind it at the top level. Jones was knocking guys out with his handspeed at the top level. Meaning he was not only throwing fast punches, he was throwing hard punches.

Comment

yes bt he had no1 who could test him at those weight classes b hop wasnt developed yet and james toney is easy to beat if u got that typr of hand speed cuz he will roll his shoulders and not do much except look for spots to counter

Comment

Working...
                    X