No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Manuel Marquez Will Not Be Fighting on July 14th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
    That's not true. I think out of all the promoters right now he is actually quite the opposite of what sitting his fighters down.
    He must be talking about don king.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      If Arum was the great promoter a lot of you make him out to be, he still would have had Mayweather, Cotto and Gamboa[he's still in Top Rank but is unofficially out], and De La Hoya would have retired a TR fighter. Obviously, only uneducated fighters stay with him. Marquez is an intelligent guy though, but he's only in Top Rank for one sole purpose so I can understand that. JMM is like a doctor compared to all of those other TR fighters.
      this is about JMM wanting an easy fight but with a big payday. Bob Arum offered him a big fight at Cowboys stadium against opponents that will sell. But JMM wants even easier fights.

Not sure what bob arum is doing wrong here. sure he's the devil or whatever else he may be, but he isn't doing anything wrong in the case. He's trying to make a big fight for the fans, get JMM paid the money he wants and JMM isn't haven't it. He wants to fight some easy ass opponent like Gesta and expect a big payday.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        You at least have to have a name and JMM isn't pacquiao who's proven to be a much bigger draw.
        Okay, alright. I see, let's keep adding things, post by post. First your opponent needs credibility, when credibility fails, you have to have a big name. Anything else needed to fight in Cowboys Stadium?

Comment

Do you really have to have a "credible" opponent to fight in Cowboys Stadium?

How credible was Antonio Margarito for Manny Pacquiao, who was not even ranked in the top 10 in any weight class?
          terrible comparison

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            He must be talking about don king.
            Maybe,

Arum might be a terrible promoter. But, if it's one thing he does right is keeping his fighters active. He doesn't sit them on the sidelines. He would even go in his pocket to keep a fighter active. But, I understand that we can't give Arum for things he does right. Because, he does do a lot or wrong.

But, I think this is more on JMM. He rather had easy guaranteed money, than to actual fight. Because, it wouldn't matter to JMM opponent is, as long as he gets a guarantee if the fight sells or not he gets paid. The problem is that not everyone involve would get paid and that would be a problem.

Comment

So JMM priced himself out of fighting Zab Judah???

All blame goes to JMM. That would've been a great fight at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                this is about JMM wanting an easy fight but with a big payday. Bob Arum offered him a big fight at Cowboys stadium against opponents that will sell. But JMM wants even easier fights.

Not sure what bob arum is doing wrong here. sure he's the devil or whatever else he may be, but he isn't doing anything wrong in the case. He's trying to make a big fight for the fans, get JMM paid the money he wants and JMM isn't haven't it. He wants to fight some easy ass opponent like Gesta and expect a big payday.
                He wants to make a big fight with two fighters who couldn't even make weight in their last fight. And one of them hasn't made weight in two fights in a row. A respectful professional boxer like JMM is not giving some rude loud mouth, non-weight making ass h-ole like Rios a fight.

Rios needs to rematch Abril.

Morales had a good losing effort against Garcia, but didn't make weight either and his excuse was pathetic. He didn't even try.

Comment

Straightleft...im sorry sir i say it as it is i read the bibble too
                  i just dont judge nobody.....judge is a sin...but is ok june 9 is right
                  around the corner..i mean judgement day is around the corner
                  That mirage named paquiao is gonna be our of tha picture june 10
                  I guarantee u that boss read between the lines...im sorry ur blind....

Comment

I believe it isn't even about defeating Manny for jmm. He just wants another fat paycheck before he retire.

Comment

He wants to make a big fight with two fighters who couldn't even make weight in their last fight. And one of them hasn't made weight in two fights in a row. A respectful professional boxer like JMM is not giving some rude loud mouth, non-weight making ass h-ole like Rios a fight.

Rios needs to rematch Abril.

Morales had a good losing effort against Garcia, but didn't make weight either and his excuse was pathetic. He didn't even try.
                      Rios failed to make 135, not 140 where the fight would take place at. But if that's truly the reason why, there was Morales & Judah, both of whom JMM rejected.

His reasoning for rejecting Morales is that "he's not a southpaw", he said nothing about failing to make weight so it seems these are your excuses not JMM's.

Comment

Working...
                      X