Clear All

ward is good- should be ahead of floyd

the list should read

pacquiao
    ward
    martinez
    mayweather

Comment

Who is actually making this ring p4p list?

Comment

this whole p4p thing is meaningless anyway

if your name isn't pacquiao or mayweather it shouldn't even be mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
          Before that tournament started, Kessler, Abraham and Froch was all title holders and most was picking them to dominate this tournament, don't try to water down Ward Accomplishment because he dominated the Tournament because going into this Tournament not many people was picking him

Bute build up HYPE for himself while the best fighters in that Division was in a Tournament and he was in Canada knocking out and beating BUMS

as for Bika...anybody that knows anything about boxing knows that Bika style is extremely tough to deal with, Ward didn't even have to take that fight, he could have just sat and home and waited for the next round of the Tournament after Dirrell pulled out...sure we can look back and say Abraham and Froch probably wasn't that good now after Ward DOMINATED THEM, but that sure wasn't what people was saying going into that Tournament
          i disagree. going into the tournament no one acknowledged ward as the heavy favorite but once he beat kessler and bika, it was clear how good he was. you got to remember this tournament took like 3 years. with one or two fights into the tournament, predictions changed, or at least they could have. by the time his fight with abraham came around, ward was a clear favorite. yes, he made it look easy when the fight actually happened, but honestly, i don't recall that many people thinking abraham was going to upset ward. yeah, probably his fans gave him a puncher's chance but actually thinking about it, it was difficult to imagine abraham beating ward, same thing with froch. i posted prediction videos below.
          even though froch was rated no. 3 or whatever in the super middleweight division, it was just like mayweather/mosley. what was mosley ranked in the welterweight division heading into the mayweather fight? like no. 3 or something? probably. but everyone knew mosley just had a puncher's chance, if that. mayweather was obviously going to win that fight (which he did), just like ward/abraham and ward/froch (which he did).
          i'm not trying to downplay ward's accomplishments, but you saying he fought the very best while martinez fought average fighters isn't right. you look at when the super six started, martinez fought a highly touted williams twice, the ring champ in pavlik, and then a solid unbeaten dzinziruk and a proven challenge in macklin. the absolute best is like the top 3 or 5, i don't really think guys like bika, green, and abraham were part of that. again, i never said martinez fought the best either. you can also factor in what kind of fashion these two have been winning these fights as well.
          ward has a chance now to do it now though, with the winner of bute/froch (which will be bute) and andre dirrell. i heard he doesn't want to fight dirrell though (not sure, just saw a post about it in another thread a while back). all in all, i think ward's recent wins don't completely shit on martinez'. martinez earned his spot by the way he wins his fights, and the opposition isn't that bad (it could be better though, obviously)

more ward/abraham predictions:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQfmLXnPqxY
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjoyW3O7Vvs
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oru2ewBuj-I

ward/froch predictions:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6NlnUyhf7g
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE4LXb9nqaE
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV6lffLgTi0 (watt & davies)
          http://www.boxingscene.com/boxingsce...l-froch--47457

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
            Before that tournament started, Kessler, Abraham and Froch was all title holders and most was picking them to dominate this tournament, don't try to water down Ward Accomplishment because he dominated the Tournament because going into this Tournament not many people was picking him

Bute build up HYPE for himself while the best fighters in that Division was in a Tournament and he was in Canada knocking out and beating BUMS

as for Bika...anybody that knows anything about boxing knows that Bika style is extremely tough to deal with, Ward didn't even have to take that fight, he could have just sat and home and waited for the next round of the Tournament after Dirrell pulled out...sure we can look back and say Abraham and Froch probably wasn't that good now after Ward DOMINATED THEM, but that sure wasn't what people was saying going into that Tournament
            actually, most people were picking ward or kessler to win that tourney from the get go..dirrel too as the third most pick..just sayin...

Comment

P4P should have nothing to do with how you beat your opponent. Whether it is by kayo or by UD, a win is a win. IMO, Ward should be higher because he's actually beating accomplished fighters, in a great division. He's about to fight another P4P guy, Chad Dawson. Love Martinez but the guys he's fought the last few years has been pretty pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                P4P should have nothing to do with how you beat your opponent. Whether it is by kayo or by UD, a win is a win. IMO, Ward should be higher because he's actually beating accomplished fighters, in a great division. He's about to fight another P4P guy, Chad Dawson. Love Martinez but the guys he's fought the last few years has been pretty pathetic.
                Serious question, do we apply this identical logic to Pacman too??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  applies to everybody even floyd ...

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                    applies to everybody even floyd ...
                    If you know me, you know I'm not a Floyd fan, but Floyd's last 3 fights were against champs & he took 3 titles. His last few were above & beyond both Pacman's & Sergio's & I don't think it's debatable. Outside of Macklin should have had Sturm's title.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      It can apply to anyone but I think Floyd and Manny have earned their spots through the years. They won't drop unless they lose, imo. Ward and Martinez don't have a resume like those two dudes. That's why I'd say it matters more when you compare those two fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X