Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For ones I agree with Arum on this. "Floyd style is for blocking right hand fighters"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mastermind24 View Post
    so Victor Ortiz is now a right-handed?
    what i guess you don't realize is that ortiz is not a natural lefty, he's a converted orthodox guy. his power hand is his right hand, his best punch is a right hook, not a left cross (although he did tag mayweather with a couple).

however, i don't think pacquiao would have success with mayweather, regardless of any susceptibility floyd may have to southpaws. range would be a huge issue for manny in this matchup.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mana$$aMauler View Post
      Let's break it down...

Floyd fought true southpaws in only 16% of his fights. That's NOT A LOT.
      He has faced 7 southpaws in his entire career

the first 3 don't count because, they were canon fodder early in Floyds career...

The latter 4?

Chop chop Corley - gave Floyd trouble

Sharmba Mitchell - way past his prime when facing Floyd

Zab Judah - gave Floyd trouble

Victor Ortiz - gave Floyd trouble

Bottomline - Floyd may have won against the few southpaws he's faced, but Floyd has trouble with southpaws.
      floyd came out to bang with corley, big difference to what he'd do with pacquiao.

judah barely gave floyd 'trouble', that claim is hugely overstated. they had a competitive first 3 or 4 rounds, one way traffic after that.

ortiz didn't give floyd trouble. mayweather won every round and knocked him out within 4.

Comment

• You all do know that i am more of a Manny fan rather than a Floyd fan, actually i never liked Floyd at all but i do appreciate his superior boxing skills and that's what i only like about him... If ever this two fight, i am leaning more towards a Floyd win by decision, yes Manny is a great southpaw but Floyd has great adapting skills and physically has clear advantage over Manny, height, reach and he may even weigh more at fight night.... BUT, the only thing that i am hoping will likely happen, Manny always, as in always perform his best when he is the underdog.... He is a different animal when he is not sure that his gonna win....

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
          Aren't you concerned about what floyd's dad had to say? Don't you think it carries more weight than Arum's opinion. Better yet it only enforces what we already know.

Southpaws is bad for floyd. Damn! Floyd's dad is really in major overdrive caring about his son's health and well being.

So stay away Floyd. Your dad has spoken The guy knows boxing before you did, and he taught you before uncle roger did. Infact his the author of the shoulder roll. So if he say stay away from southpaws.

It means truly that. Stay away, you will get your ass handed to you with the best southpaw which is also the p4p's best.

Stay away floyd. Listen to your loving dad.
          That's funny, because Floyd has never been beaten by a southpaw. But Pacquiao has yet to UD a counter puncher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
            That's funny, because Floyd has never been beaten by a southpaw. But Pacquiao has yet to UD a counter puncher.
            Does Clottey counts? or are we just referring to JMM?

Comment

• Originally posted by ianhunter View Post
              floyd came out to bang with corley, big difference to what he'd do with pacquiao.

judah barely gave floyd 'trouble', that claim is hugely overstated. they had a competitive first 3 or 4 rounds, one way traffic after that.

ortiz didn't give floyd trouble. mayweather won every round and knocked him out within 4.
              See the pattern here.

Floyd's defense does not work as well against the southpaw stance. Second rate fighters land big shot against Floyd and cause him trouble.

Floyd has to adapt he come out fighting and is more aggressive.

Pacquiao is another class or two above these fighters and Floyd plan of taking the fight to the southpaw fighter, is a no go for Floyd unless he wants to get KTFO.

Can't believe people are having problems accepting that Floyd has problems with southpaw fighters.

I wonder when he will step up to fight an A class southpaw, in Martinez or an A+ class southpaw in Pacquiao.

I don't think he ever will because when the B class and C+ class give him trouble, A class and A+ class will destroy him

Comment

• Originally posted by BoZz View Post

/THREAD
                He was lying then, Now he is telling the truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                  See the pattern here.

Floyd's defense does not work as well against the southpaw stance. Second rate fighters land big shot against Floyd and cause him trouble.

Floyd has to adapt he come out fighting and is more aggressive.

Pacquiao is another class or two above these fighters and Floyd plan of taking the fight to the southpaw fighter, is a no go for Floyd unless he wants to get KTFO.

Can't believe people are having problems accepting that Floyd has problems with southpaw fighters.

I wonder when he will step up to fight an A class southpaw, in Martinez or an A+ class southpaw in Pacquiao.

I don't think he ever will because when the B class and C+ class give him trouble, A class and A+ class will destroy him
                  I think you meant to say an A southpaw in manny, and an A+ southpaw in sergio. The only southpaw that can beat floyd is martinez, and it will not be easy by any means. Yes floyd has "trouble" with southpaws, so much trouble that he has beaten everyone of them. Having trouble with a stance is just like tracking jabs... it doesnt mean much. right D??

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                    I think you meant to say an A southpaw in manny, and an A+ southpaw in sergio. The only southpaw that can beat floyd is martinez, and it will not be easy by any means. Yes floyd has "trouble" with southpaws, so much trouble that he has beaten everyone of them. Having trouble with a stance is just like tracking jabs... it doesnt mean much. right D??
                    Yes he has beating all the B class and C+ class southpaws he has faced and I think he will beat other B class and C+ southpaws if he fight them.

But these fighters gave him trouble, even though they weren't top draw fighters, so much trouble he had to change the game plan.

He had to attack.

Now you really think that is going to work against Pacquiao and Martinez?

So how is Floyd going to adapt if he should face them.

If you know how, I'm sure Floyd will be very interested in knowing.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      Yes he has beating all the B class and C+ class southpaws he has faced and I think he will beat other B class and C+ southpaws if he fight them.

But these fighters gave him trouble, even though they weren't top draw fighters, so much trouble he had to change the game plan.

He had to attack.

Now you really think that is going to work against Pacquiao and Martinez?

So how is Floyd going to adapt if he should face them.

If you know how, I'm sure Floyd will be very interested in knowing.

No, I dont. I dont think floyd will be able to fight martinez like he has fought southpaws in the past, cause he is by far the best southpaw floyd could fight, by miles.

with pac on the other hand, after floyd sees how manny throws and lunges in, its gonna be a surgical procedure on pacs head. you know it. i know it. everyone knows it. but we still want that fight to happen just to see, I get it...

Comment

Working...
                      X