Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For ones I agree with Arum on this. "Floyd style is for blocking right hand fighters"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mysportsportal View Post
    actually the shoulder roll is perfect for left handers if you think about it.
    Yup, you can block the rights but the lefts can do damage if you have the speed and accuracy of a fighter like the pacman.

It's obvious whats the weak point of that stance.. A fighter like Pac will exploit it.

A blind man can see that.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
        Nope, Ortiz was winning the 4th round and embarrassing Floyd with vicious left and right smothering Floyd to the ropes up until his pitbull headbutt.
        Hey moron. Ortiz headbutted due to the frustration.of being unable to hit Floyd flush or hurt him and then Floyd smiled in his face.

You think because Floyd was against the ropes he was losing, its a boxing tactic.

Most boxers tend to throw more when their opponent is on the ropes, Floyd uses this to tire his opponent, force misses and shoot quick counters.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
          Hey moron. Ortiz headbutted due to the frustration.of being unable to hit Floyd flush or hurt him and then Floyd smiled in his face.

You think because Floyd was against the ropes he was losing, its a boxing tactic.

Most boxers tend to throw more when their opponent is on the ropes, Floyd uses this to tire his opponent, force misses and shoot quick counters.
          If they haven't deleted the video of the 4th round slowmo version in you tube. You can see how Floyd's head turned into a bubble head, snapping like a twig over and over lol. But you guys can't see that.. Your boy was missing lefts and right in that round.. embarrassing really..

Floyd shaking his head.. You got me big time hehe!

****Time 2:00 victor flurries and hits floyd with a barrage of punches to floyd's face. 2:16 floyd shakes his head to say I'm good but you got me there boy. Happened all when he was trapped on the ropes. SWEET! ****

*** time 2:19 vicious punch 2:25, 2:26 all good lethal shots. Clean crisp. Got to love it. 2:41, 2:43 mark ,right on the money.

And if you noticed Floyd hitting victor's gloves most of the fourth. Victors high guard frustrated floyd. Victor was clearly winning that round before he turned into a pitbull and head butted lol

this will do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIcNNhZ9NqE
          Last edited by Spoon23; 05-22-2012, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
            "judah stepped off- floyd's adjustments werent as awesome as his toads like to claim- judah has a history of not having that commitment level that takes you to the greatest level"

I've watched this fight many times. No, Judah did not just "step off". Mayweather adjusted and directed attacks to Judah's body. Yes, Judah does lack the mental toughness to be one of the best, but he has to be forced to break. Mayweather managed to find a way to do it and systematically broke him down.

As for Marquez being some kind of chosen one to be Manny's foil. How does that explain Morales also beating him with good boxing technique. Yes, he did switch and trade with Manny at the end, but that was to please the crowd (which Morales has always been prone to). Yes, Manny got revenge but it doesn't change the fact that not only has someone come close to beating Pacquiao with good boxing skill, several times, it's actually been done.

As for Cotto "having Mayweather at the brink of losing"? Well, if landing just over 100 punches in 12 rounds and winning 3 rounds at best is the brink, what are a draw and two SDs? Manny ain't made for technical boxers like Floyd isn't made for southpaws. That's what makes this so intriguing. We know one's coped better with their "weakness" than the other and one is more adaptable than the other. But on the other hand, one has bulldozed his opponents, sometimes in chilling fashion. I guess it's fair to say that Mayweather finds southpaws more difficult (I think Stevie Wonder could see that), but Manny struggles against boxer/counter-punchers. Mayweather gets caught with the left. Pacquiao is a sucker for the straight right (hell, even slow-as-hell Clottey landed it repeatedly).

Any boxing fan knows these things if they've watched these two fight. Both are yet to face the best exponents of what they struggle with.
            good post marv...i agree homes..

Comment

If they haven't deleted the video of the 4th round slowmo version in you tube. You can see how Floyd's head turned into a bubble head, snapping like a twig over and over lol. But you guys can't see that.. Your boy was missing lefts and right in that round.. embarrassing really..

this will do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIcNNhZ9NqE

Ortiz was relentless in there. Pinning Floyd to the ropes. Hitting floyd flush. Of course pac can do even better. Enough said..

Comment

• Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
                good post marv...i agree homes..
                And what we all know is believe in your father. He knows whats best for you..

senior speaking the truth.. Southpaws are a pain in the arse
                Last edited by Spoon23; 05-22-2012, 02:37 AM.

Comment

• So he head butted him for no reason. Ohhhhhhhhh got you.

Yea Floyd looked so frustrated.

Yet we are comparing a boxer who is bigger than Floyd and doesnt have the reach disadvantage Manny will have or the size.

Keep watching slow mo fights seeing what you want to see. Floyds pulls his head back to take the force out of his opponents punches.

Ortiz was gonna get stopped, his right eye was going to close from all of Floyds glove punches.

Floyd drops the majority of rounds in the first four than he makes an adjustment.

I havent watched the fight in a while but i remember Ortiz missing 5-6 punches in a row before Floyd smiled right in his face.

Comment

• why are pacfarts so fixated on slow motion anyway? are they not quick enough to pick up on live action?

Comment

Its obvious you didnt watch the fight. Im tired of posting the videos of all the punches people say ORtiz missed landing and poping FLoyds head back. Way to many riders on here....way to many.

Comment

Working...
                      X