Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For ones I agree with Arum on this. "Floyd style is for blocking right hand fighters"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Marquez has done pretty well matching Pacquiao in their three bouts. First two, he actually outlanded the unmatchable Pacquiao. KDs worth their weight in gold though. Guess the technical boxing doesn't agree well with him, just like southpaws for Mayweather, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
      I think Marquez has done pretty well matching Pacquiao in their three bouts. First two, he actually outlanded the unmatchable Pacquiao. KDs worth their weight in gold though. Guess the technical boxing doesn't agree well with him, just like southpaws for Mayweather, eh?
      Except Floyd has never been outlanded by a southpaw, nor has he had a controversial decision against 1 where a lot of ppl thought that he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
        The southpaw stance gives almost any orthodox fighter problems. My concern for Pacquiao in a fight with Mayweather is the reach advantage Floyd has as well as size. The one punch I think that wont be successful for Pac is the right hook. I see that slipping off Floyd's shoulders all night. So if Pac is to rely on the lead left hand all night, I don't think he'll be successful. There is the chance that Pacquiao overwhelms Floyd with activity and or lands a shot on Floyd that puts him in the defensive most of the night, but I think we also take Floyd's toughness for granted.
        Pacquiao has a great counter right hook, when Floyd throws that jab that hook is coming.

Pacquiao will just aim for Floyd's temple, his shoulders can't get that high even if he does react in time.

Floyd may have a size advantage over Pacquiao, but so did, Mosley, Margarito, Cotto and Hatton. Not only did they get out boxed they got out fought, pushed back and bullied.

Comment

Mayweather vs Pacquiao is a mismatch and Arum knows this, that's why they've been ducking the fight for ages. Pacquiao is a wild brawler, mayweather is the tactician/boxer and the tactician beats the wild, out of place brawler. Pacquiao would get dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
            Cotto wasted a lot of opportunities in the fight. He even tried to play counterpuncher, which was idiotic. That's why a rematch, imho, favors Cotto. The first one was spent on figuring out Floyd. Floyd is Floyd. He can't adjust to pressure. **** his ability to adjust nonsense. There's no room for improvement for him in that area.

No Cotto playing counter was a good thing, backing up making Floyd come to him was a good thing, he made Floyd miss and hit thin air.

Only a ****** fighter would go into a fight like that with only one style and one game plan.

Cotto also lacks the required stamina.

Cotto could make a rematch closer, and could probably win the fight on most of the fans card's but he does not have enough to win it on the Vegas judges card's.

Comment

Manny would get his ass served to him on a bed of rice!

Comment

Mosley, Margarito, Cotto and Hatton are so similar to Mayweather too. Marg's shoulder roll just couldn't handle the barrage. Hatton's denfensive shell and head movement made no difference. LOL Yep, all were a great preparation for Mayweather. Why bother having the fight, we have all the evidence we need.

Comment

Originally posted by mexiking View Post
                  Manny would get his ass served to him on a bed of rice!
                  yup, and the sad part is they don't have enough money to bribe the judges like they did against marquez, pac gets paid pennies now that his stock has plummeted

Comment

Originally posted by Primera View Post
                    Mayweather vs Pacquiao is a mismatch and Arum knows this, that's why they've been ducking the fight for ages. Pacquiao is a wild brawler, mayweather is the tactician/boxer and the tactician beats the wild, out of place brawler. Pacquiao would get dominated.
                    Yeah will probably end the same way as that other "wild brawler" vs the boxer/tactician, Tyson vs Spinks.

Will Floyd get out the first round, he could end up being a deer caught in the headlights when he being faced with the beast that is Manny Pacquiao.

Best keep running and making excuses Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      No Cotto playing counter was a good thing, backing up making Floyd come to him was a good thing, he made Floyd miss and hit thin air.

Only a ****** fighter would go into a fight like that with only one style and one game plan.

Cotto also lacks the required stamina.

Cotto could make a rematch closer, and could probably win the fight on most of the fans card's but he does not have enough to win it on the Vegas judges card's.
                      Especially if its the judges from the 3rd manny/JMM fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X