Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Discusses Berto/Peterson Incidents, PEDs, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuk it, blackball Berto and bring on Ortiz-Maidana II!

Comment

Originally posted by lacson View Post
      What Schaefer and Mayweather should do is petition NSAC to adopt VADA as the standard for testing. Put the effort there instead of accusing and singling out one fighter who has never tested positive.

Instead of putting so much effort accusing someone with no proof, just do the right thing and help get it implemented so then you don't have to worry about your opponent.
      I agree. But at least they're willing to have random testing in their fights, which is something you cannot say for TR Promotions and the inhabitants of Pacland. Why Bradley/Pac is going through without random testing is beyond stupid at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nysoxfan84 View Post
        I agree. But at least they're willing to have random testing in their fights, which is something you cannot say for TR Promotions and the inhabitants of Pacland. Why Bradley/Pac is going through without random testing is beyond stupid at this point.
        Just fight. I think most fighters that's all they want. Talk and conversation regarding steroids and PEDs are taking over boxing.

It's just crazy, if they need to fix something, whoever needs to do it just fix it. The fighters, most fighters don't even get involved, they just train hard and fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
          Will Berto be stripped from his title and will Ortiz be fighting for that vacant title in June?

I hope yes and yes.
          Berto didn't have a title. He vacated for the Ortiz rematch.

Comment

What Schaefer and Mayweather should do is petition NSAC to adopt VADA as the standard for testing. Put the effort there instead of accusing and singling out one fighter who has never tested positive.

Instead of putting so much effort accusing someone with no proof, just do the right thing and help get it implemented so then you don't have to worry about your opponent.
            Good point.

Comment

Just fight. I think most fighters that's all they want. Talk and conversation regarding steroids and PEDs are taking over boxing.

It's just crazy, if they need to fix something, whoever needs to do it just fix it. The fighters, most fighters don't even get involved, they just train hard and fight.
              But at this point. Fighters are getting caught left and right who we thought were just hard working guys. No one knows who is juicing and all fighters whether NSAC adapts it or not, should undergo VADA testing just for the principal of it. I never thought Pac was on anything but to refuse something that has a positive impact on the sport for 2 years was/is beyond me. Mayweather gets credit because he started the movement but just imagine if Pac 2 years ago would ave said "Ok, lets do this your way for the sport, even if I don't like giving random blood and urine." I'm sure that would have made a bigger impact back then to have two of the top fighters in boxing undergo stricter testing. Took a while but it looks like it will become mandatory, maybe not now but in some years. When you have names like Peterson and Berto getting caught then it's bound to make changes because them guys are competing on the highest level. Who knows how many other top guys are slithering past the regular system.

Comment

Floyd made the ripple effect and now its time for everyone (not just Floyd) in the sport of boxing to step up to the plate and take the test or like you stated, petition the NSAC.

It's interesting how everyone is backing Floyd's idea of extra testing now, yet a few years ago people cried that it was a disgrace and way out of the fight... I guess they see the light and understand just how bad it looked for Pac to refuse the testing and still to this day not taken one single test that is not warranted by the commission. Not vs Mosley, Margarito, JMM and now Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  Floyd made the ripple effect and now its time for everyone (not just Floyd) in the sport of boxing to step up to the plate and take the test or like you stated, petition the NSAC.

It's interesting how everyone is backing Floyd's idea of extra testing now, yet a few years ago people cried that it was a disgrace and way out of the fight... I guess they see the light and understand just how bad it looked for Pac to refuse the testing and still to this day not taken one single test that is not warranted by the commission. Not vs Mosley, Margarito, JMM and now Bradley.
                  That was just their excuse to make Pac look like he didn't duck the fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X