Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather jr, easily the best ever.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by War Aficionado View Post
    All trolling aside. I feel privileged to have witnessed the career of Floyd Mayweather Jr. Doesn't feel like long ago I was popping in a cartridge for Knockout Kings 2000 on the n64 and playing as FMJ, this young undefeated kid alongside all those other greats.. now just look at him.

He really is something special.
    Knockout Kings.... I remember that. That's what EA Sports called their boxing game before it became Fight Night. Brings back good memories. I would always play in career mode only to be knocked out by Q-Tip. Could never beat that clown who was based on an actual rapper from what I was told.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
      LMAO on best wins.. Because Mosley, Cotto, and JMM had better wins.. But one thing is for sure, all their previous loses were not at the same level level as those wins..So again what it make it so different with Pac.. And Ortiz beating Berto, c'mon...

And who gives a ***** if Pac didnt fight the man who beat the man.. The point is he beat them all.. You cant say the same thing with Floyd since Floyd fought Cotto when he was already insignificant in any weight division... And JMM and Ortiz were just not that good yet.. So you really only have Mosley to brag about..
      Lets hope they happen as 154 has good fights awaiting as long as Floyd stays out of the devision and doesn't beat everyone.

Beat them all when it didn't matter.. Nobody wanted to see the Margarito or Mosley fights as they where coming off the worst fights of their entire career.

Again, do you think Berbick is a great because he beat an established Ali??? lol

Comment

Yeah right.. The guy who joined this forum before you is an alt.. That's the problem with overzelous fanboys. You throw them a curve ball, they start having fits..
        That doesn't mean ****... lol come on son.

and a curve ball? are you dumb... lol

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
          Lets hope they happen as 154 has good fights awaiting as long as Floyd stays out of the devision and doesn't beat everyone.

Beat them all when it didn't matter.. Nobody wanted to see the Margarito or Mosley fights as they where coming off the worst fights of their entire career.

Again, do you think Berbick is a great because he beat an established Ali??? lol
          First of all you considered Margarito as Cotto's best win, and yet cannot give any credit to Pac for beating Marg..

They were coming from good wins because their previous loses before that were coming against fighters who are more skilled. So those wins were actually really not indicative of how good they really were at that time..

Pac on the other hand fought all 4 fighters (Mosley, Marg, Cotto, and Clottey).. Yes they were coming from loses but who did they lose to before that.. You see were I am coming from?

You cant judge a fighter on lose, and you cant judge a fighter based on one good win either..

Comment

That doesn't mean ****... lol come on son.

and a curve ball? are you dumb... lol
            You are calling me an alt, and yet I am actually been here a lot longer. Even before this Pac/Money issue, I was here... You on the other hand only joined here because you are a fanboy who wants to be in this Pac/Money debate.. And yet you are calling me an alt? Now that's ironic...

And yes.. And who made the first childish reply.. Because I can send you a link...

Comment

First of all you considered Margarito as Cotto's best win, and yet cannot give any credit to Pac for beating Marg..

They were coming from good wins because their previous loses before that were coming against fighters who are more skilled. So those wins were actually really not indicative of how good they really were at that time..

Pac on the other hand fought all 4 fighters (Mosley, Marg, Cotto, and Clottey).. Yes they were coming from loses but who did they lose to before that.. You see were I am coming from?

You cant judge a fighter on lose, and you cant judge a fighter based on one good win either..
              You can make a point for Clottey. However Cotto and Mosley you can't. Mosley was done well before Pac fought him. Floyd showed us, Mora validated it.

At the end of the day, Margarito is Cotto's best win. You can make an argument that it's Mosley but for Cotto I would bet he would say HIS best win is Margarito and it's not hard to understand why.

Pac beating Margarito was completely irrelevant and was just a scam to hand pac another paper title at another weight class. Ironically that belt belonged to Martinez' who accepted Pac's offer to fight for that very belt. He said no and moved back down.

Are we going to say Alvarez is now this great fighter because he just beat an "established" fighter in Mosley?

Means absolutely nothing, which is what Pac's victories are over, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley. All losers and oct has beens but I know you like to call them established. Like I said, so was Ali when Berbick beat him.

Comment

You are calling me an alt, and yet I am actually been here a lot longer. Even before this Pac/Money issue, I was here... You on the other hand only joined here because you are a fanboy who wants to be in this Pac/Money debate.. And yet you are calling me an alt? Now that's ironic...

And yes.. And who made the first childish reply.. Because I can send you a link...
                Was on a different boxing forum back before Jones jr had been KO'ed or before anyone knew who Mayweather was let alone Pac.. thats all well before 2006 chief.

But hey, don't be butt hurt cause you got called an alt. It's what happens when you have a join date of 06 and only 2k posts. I had the opportunity to get an account with an early join date too. Didn't bother.

Comment

You can make a point for Clottey. However Cotto and Mosley you can't. Mosley was done well before Pac fought him. Floyd showed us, Mora validated it.

At the end of the day, Margarito is Cotto's best win. You can make an argument that it's Mosley but for Cotto I would bet he would say HIS best win is Margarito and it's not hard to understand why.

Pac beating Margarito was completely irrelevant and was just a scam to hand pac another paper title at another weight class. Ironically that belt belonged to Martinez' who accepted Pac's offer to fight for that very belt. He said no and moved back down.

Are we going to say Alvarez is now this great fighter because he just beat an "established" fighter in Mosley?

Means absolutely nothing, which is what Pac's victories are over, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley. All losers and oct has beens but I know you like to call them established. Like I said, so was Ali when Berbick beat him.
                  First of all, we are not even talking about any damn ABC belts here.. So what if the belt is a scam, the point is Pac already beat up Marg.. And if you think that is not a good win, then so be it.. But then you should take that credit away from Cotto too.

You dont get me do you.. You have a point with Mosley.. But Cotto, Marg, and Clottey were all coming from loses but they're rankings at the WW hardly change because they're loses were coming against each other..

Floyd on the other hand fought untested fighters at the division.. JMM and Ortiz were untested at WW. And Cotto is untested at LMW..

You can say Pac actually clean-up the WW division because he fought the guys that mattered in that weight except Floyd. He actually beat them all.

Comment

Was on a different boxing forum back before Jones jr had been KO'ed or before anyone knew who Mayweather was let alone Pac.. thats all well before 2006 chief.

But hey, don't be butt hurt cause you got called an alt. It's what happens when you have a join date of 06 and only 2k posts. I had the opportunity to get an account with an early join date too. Didn't bother.
                    So you are actually making up excuses like Floyd.. How do I even know if any of that BS is true.. LMAO...

So what if I dont post 24/7 like you do. And I do it on my spare time.. It doesn't prove anything that I only joined this forum to jump on the Floyd/Manny bandwagon the way that you did.

Comment

First of all, we are not even talking about any damn ABC belts here.. So what if the belt is a scam, the point is Pac already beat up Marg.. And if you think that is not a good win, then so be it.. But then you should take that credit away from Cotto too.

You dont get me do you.. You have a point with Mosley.. But Cotto, Marg, and Clottey were all coming from loses but they're rankings at the WW hardly change because they're loses were coming against each other..

Floyd on the other hand fought untested fighters at the division.. JMM and Ortiz were untested at WW. And Cotto is untested at LMW..

You can say Pac actually clean-up the WW division because he fought the guys that mattered in that weight except Floyd. He actually beat them all.
                      You can give credit to Cotto because Cotto lost to him. Pac just wanted a belt at another weight class vs a guy who should have been banned.

Btw, Margarito was not ranked at WW let alone JMW when Pac fought him. Clottey was what #5? Meaningless fights. In fact, Pac fighting Clottey, Margarito and Mosley where meaningless....
                      Last edited by WESS; 05-19-2012, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X