Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a prime George Foreman KO a prime Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Maybe he would.

But he didn't, so your argument is redudant.

It doesn't matter if he lost some of those fights. He fought at a top top level and came up short in his 40s. So what.

Vitali came up short vs Chris Byrd ffs.
    Lol, what level exactly do you think Vitali has been fighting on? The minor leagues? He's the heavyweight champion of the world bro and has fought mostly top of the food chain guys since his comeback. He's faced a gold medalist, the #2 ranked heavyweight twice and has won by mostly KO's. Not much more he could do. Foreman is extremely overrated and aside from winning the title when he was 44 years old and beating Frazier twice, he hasn't done much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      Lol, what level exactly do you think Vitali has been fighting on? The minor leagues? He's the heavyweight champion of the world bro and has fought mostly top of the food chain guys since his comeback. He's faced a gold medalist, the #2 ranked heavyweight twice and has won by mostly KO's. Not much more he could do. Foreman is extremely overrated and aside from winning the title when he was 44 years old and beating Frazier twice, he hasn't done much.
      I just find it laughable that so many think Foreman would KO Vitali. If Lewis couldn't do it, a limited fighter like Foreman sure as hell couldn't. To beat Vitali you need more than a hard right hand.

Comment

• IDK if Foreman would really KO him, but this THREAD is KOing NSB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          I just find it laughable that so many think Foreman would KO Vitali. If Lewis couldn't do it, a limited fighter like Foreman sure as hell couldn't. To beat Vitali you need more than a hard right hand.
          I lean toward vitali lasting the distance barring any cut or injury but foreman was harder hitting and more menacing than lewis and lewis was past his best and not in great shape for that fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
            He's not the heavyweight champion, his brother is.

Lyle, Norton, Frazier, Ali, Morrison, Holyfield, Briggs, Young, Moorer, Cooney, Qawi - Top level.

Fat Briggs, Sosnowski, old Lewis, Byrd, Arreola, Solis, Gomez, Adamek - Not top level.

It's as simple as that. I'm not even going to discuss this with someone like yourself claiming to be in his 40s (we laughed a lot at your expense) because you don't have the faintest clue about what makes a good fighter.

Comment

He wasn't past his prime, stop that bs. He was undefeated for 7 years when the fight happened and was destroying most of his competition with ease.

Yeah, you're right. He was fat. And old also. To compare the Briggs of 97 to the briggs of '10 and give the latter the upperhand is just ridiculous in every sense of the word.

But I guess I'm not educated enough on the sweet science to understand what you mean.

This is fat now? FOH.

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                Remember: You're dealing with alien creatures from Planet Klitschko. The fantasy world where fat on the gut equals steel in the chin and dynamite in the fists :hahahaha9:
                I'm sure your middle aged gut is much worse than that of anyone mentioned in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post

This is fat now? FOH.
                  Look at that end of gut.

Sure he gained a lot of muscle so what? A prime Briggs is 225-230 pounds like he was in the 90's. To refresh your memory he weighed in at 262 vs Vitali.

262!! and his gut was hanging out.

If you think it makes anyone better to not only gain 13 years in age to become 39 - and then on top of that gain 35 pounds, you sir are an idiot.

But then again, I already knew that.

Comment

• Vitali fighting Briggs in 2010 was just shameful. It's bad enough that he wasn't even relevant at the time, but he'd barely been active (four rounds in three years) in the three years prior to the fight with Vitali.

Comment

Look at that end of gut.

Sure he gained a lot of muscle so what? A prime Briggs is 225-230 pounds like he was in the 90's. To refresh your memory he weighed in at 262 vs Vitali.

262!! and his gut was hanging out.

If you think it makes anyone better to not only gain 13 years in age to become 39 - and then on top of that gain 35 pounds, you sir are an idiot.

But then again, I already knew that.
                      I'll ask you a series of basic questions, and we'll see if your li'l simple minded ass can get back on track since you seem to be implying that a man takes punches worse with an extra 25 pounds of muscle.

1. Are we talking about what stages of Briggs' career he displayed his best punch resistance in or are we defining his fighting prime?

2. Was Briggs stopped by Wilson and practically out on his feet against Botha in the 90s?

3. Was Briggs ever in danger of being stopped by anyone other than Vitali Klitschko after bulking up in the early 2000s?

I'll wait for you like the gentleman that I am.

Comment

Working...
                      X