Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a prime George Foreman KO a prime Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A_Jeffrey View Post
    Foreman's power was great for 70s where fighters were much smaller. Lewis and Vitaly fought much larger guys.
    If Vitaly could take Lewis' punch, Foreman would not hurt him.
    Lewis' power is more proven then Foreman's and Lewis is crafty, quick, and a great boxer unlike Foreman.
    Briggs fought both Vitaly and George and said Vitaly punches harder.
    Who said Foreman punches harder then Vitaly? Not the people who fought both. Big George looks small next to Vitaly and would eat jabs all night long.
    Do you really think that Lewis hit as hard as Foreman?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      I agree with the first paragraph. I also believe he's one of the guys in the heavyweight division who's had one of the greatest punch outputs in history. I don't think he's necessarily stronger than Foreman though.

Foreman was built like a tank. Vitali's more lean and mean. Tall. I don't think Foreman had that much of a poor defense. His movement is at least on par with Vitali's.

To counter that, I could say Vitali comes straight forward with his left held low. Tailor made for a Foreman right hook. Foreman's reach is also longer than Vitali's.

But Vitali has never been a lateral mover? He stands in the pocket mostly and jabs. Foreman would reach him with his piston jab before Vitali could paw his jab towards foreman.
      He has indeed - he uses lateral movement and fighting while going backwards a lot (e.g. see Arreola and Chisora fights, shows by example how he deals with pressure fighters). His understanding of range and accuracy is one of his most overlooked feats as well. He doesn't dance around the ring like Ali did, he doesn't make it look as elegant, but if you look closely, he actually uses footwork (and his elusive jab) a lot to measure distance and timing.
      Last edited by Weltschmerz; 10-30-2013, 01:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by A_Jeffrey View Post
        Foreman's power was great for 70s where fighters were much smaller. Lewis and Vitaly fought much larger guys.
        If Vitaly could take Lewis' punch, Foreman would not hurt him.
        Lewis' power is more proven then Foreman's and Lewis is crafty, quick, and a great boxer unlike Foreman.
        Briggs fought both Vitaly and George and said Vitaly punches harder.
        Who said Foreman punches harder then Vitaly? Not the people who fought both. Big George looks small next to Vitaly and would eat jabs all night long.
        lol - Briggs fought a shell of Foreman in his last fight. He fought a fully prime Vitali.

Briggs also said Vitali punched harder than Lennox, but Lennox knocked him down 5 times on route to knock him out in 5, whereas he stayed with Vitali for 12. So where's the proof?

Comment

lol - Briggs fought a shell of Foreman in his last fight. He fought a fully prime Vitali.

Briggs also said Vitali punched harder than Lennox, but Lennox knocked him down 5 times on route to knock him out in 5, whereas he stayed with Vitali for 12. So where's the proof?
          Chins tend to improve with age, especially HW chins. You didn't know that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
            Haha, no I most certainly didn't know that.

Comment

1. Vitali was past prime
              2. Briggs was physically huge by then, unlike when he fought Foreman.

Comment

• i'd take Vitali in a decision. Foreman couldn't even drop and old Ali after beating on him for 7 rounds. Jimmy Young made him look silly and if it wasn't for Lyle's crap stamina he'd have beat George too.

Prime Foreman was famous for stopping 204 lb Joe Frazier and Chuvalo. Those uppercuts aren't reaching Vitali.

Vitali would box and move and win a decision or a late stoppage. Prime Foreman is vastly overrated. I give Old Foreman a better chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
                  1. Vitali was past prime
                  2. Briggs was physically huge by then, unlike when he fought Foreman.
                  He wasn't past his prime, stop that bs. He was undefeated for 7 years when the fight happened and was destroying most of his competition with ease.

Yeah, you're right. He was fat. And old also. To compare the Briggs of 97 to the briggs of '10 and give the latter the upperhand is just ridiculous in every sense of the word.

But I guess I'm not educated enough on the sweet science to understand what you mean.

Comment

He wasn't past his prime, stop that bs. He was undefeated for 7 years when the fight happened and was destroying most of his competition with ease.

Yeah, you're right. He was fat. And old also. To compare the Briggs of 97 to the briggs of '10 and give the latter the upperhand is just ridiculous in every sense of the word.

But I guess I'm not educated enough on the sweet science to understand what you mean.
                    Remember: You're dealing with alien creatures from Planet Klitschko. The fantasy world where fat on the gut equals steel in the chin and dynamite in the fists :hahahaha9:

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                      Uh, no. Wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X