Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a prime George Foreman KO a prime Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    lol what would that make Vitali?
    Vits can be uncoordinated at times but I see much more thought put into what he does when compared to prime Foreman, old Foreman was actually a much better fighter.

Comment

Vitali is awkward yes, but he's slow. Slower than Foreman. He's more robotic and is less powerful, albeit of course still powerful.

Foreman throws a wider variety of punches, so I can't really understand why you'd say he's limited skillwise. I'd like to get a further explanation of that please.
      foreman was much more powerful but I think vits hand speed is underrated. I think its on par with foremans. I agree with foremans more varied arsenal

Comment

• Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Vits can be uncoordinated at times but I see much more thought put into what he does when compared to prime Foreman, old Foreman was actually a much better fighter.
        He's just a bit telegraphed and robotic. When he was closer to his prime he would go more gung-ho if you will.

Old Foreman was most certainly not a better fighter than young Foreman. He was extremely conservative with his punches knowing he didn't have the same stamina as the young guys. Young Foreman would destroy you in two rounds. throwing bombs from the first second.

Comment

• Originally posted by beez721 View Post
          foreman was much more powerful but I think vits hand speed is underrated. I think its on par with foremans. I agree with foremans more varied arsenal
          Closer to his prime, he was decently quick for a big guy.

Comment

He's just a bit telegraphed and robotic. When he was closer to his prime he would go more gung-ho if you will.

Old Foreman was most certainly not a better fighter than young Foreman. He was extremely conservative with his punches knowing he didn't have the same stamina as the young guys. Young Foreman would destroy you in two rounds. throwing bombs from the first second.
            He just seemed to think things out more in fights in the 90s but your right could have been because he was worried about his gas tank.

Comment

Vitali is awkward yes, but he's slow. Slower than Foreman. He's more robotic and is less powerful, albeit of course still powerful.

Foreman throws a wider variety of punches, so I can't really understand why you'd say he's limited skillwise. I'd like to get a further explanation of that please.
              Vitali actually throws a great variety of punches from all kinds of weird angles (unlike Wlad). Vitali is a completely awkward and unorthodox opponent. And he comes forward too. He's stronger and bigger than Foreman too. Foreman wouldn't be the bully in this fight, Vitali would.

The main issue for Foreman would be his poor defense and lack of movement. Vitali is a master of using movement and using his jab as a measuring stick to distance his opponent. Foreman comes straight forward with no head movement. Vitali would jab him all the time and move laterally. He would frustrate Foreman even more than Ali did.
              Last edited by Weltschmerz; 10-29-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Norton and Frazier are both ATG heavies.

Are you suggesting that Vitali's resume is better than Foremans?

Norton was not an ATG. No way. If he is, so is Haye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                  Vitali actually throws a great variety of punches from all kinds of weird angles (unlike Wlad). Vitali is a completely awkward and unorthodox opponent. And he comes forward too. He's stronger and bigger than Foreman too. Foreman wouldn't be the bully in this fight, Vitali would.

The main issue for Foreman would be his poor defense and lack of movement. Vitali is a master of using movement and using his jab as a measuring stick to distance his opponent. Foreman comes straight forward with no head movement. Vitali would jab him all the time and move laterally. He would frustrate Foreman even more than Ali did.
                  I agree with the first paragraph. I also believe he's one of the guys in the heavyweight division who's had one of the greatest punch outputs in history. I don't think he's necessarily stronger than Foreman though.

Foreman was built like a tank. Vitali's more lean and mean. Tall. I don't think Foreman had that much of a poor defense. His movement is at least on par with Vitali's.

To counter that, I could say Vitali comes straight forward with his left held low. Tailor made for a Foreman right hook. Foreman's reach is also longer than Vitali's.

But Vitali has never been a lateral mover? He stands in the pocket mostly and jabs. Foreman would reach him with his piston jab before Vitali could paw his jab towards foreman.

Comment

• Foreman's power was great for 70s where fighters were much smaller. Lewis and Vitaly fought much larger guys.
                    If Vitaly could take Lewis' punch, Foreman would not hurt him.
                    Lewis' power is more proven then Foreman's and Lewis is crafty, quick, and a great boxer unlike Foreman.
                    Briggs fought both Vitaly and George and said Vitaly punches harder.
                    Who said Foreman punches harder then Vitaly? Not the people who fought both. Big George looks small next to Vitaly and would eat jabs all night long.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      See Bolded: I give up on you. The Klitschko's are 22-2 and 15-2 in title fights. That's a combined record of 37-4 in title fights alone.

Vitali came back after 4 years off and destroyed the #1 heavyweight challenger in his 1st fight back to regain his title. This had never been done before. Not even by Ali.

Wlad is in his second title reign, is 14-0 mostly by KO and is 37 years old. Ali was almost a ****** by then.

How that's not a description of great boxers, I don't know what is.
                      i wasn't actually talking about the Klits. I was talking about guys like Wilder, who are successful in a week division just by being very big, very athletic guys and not because they are good boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X