Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy conisidering Paul Williams for Canelo in Sept.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Kirk will be ready by Sep after his surgery.

...and the funny thing is if Saul does fight Kirk and if Canelo wins people still won't give Canelo credit because they will say Canelo caught Kirk right after surgery.

Comment

• Canelo beats them both soundly in my opinion. I just see his skillset matching up better and coming out on top.

Comment

• good fight
        Williams has fallen off but apparently is still game
        good test for Alvarez
        Canelo can outbox him and possibly stop him late
        don't expect Williams to have his crazy workrate against Canelo
        and Canelo will get to skinny Willy's body too

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
          Damn now thats a good damn fight.and honestly i see Williams winning
          it would be high contact.
          i dont think williams could really hurt canelo. he'd have to seriously wear him down, and i don't see that.

canelo will bang williams on the chin with combinations.

i think he'll stay on his feet, but i just cant see him dealing with combination puncher like canelo. he's too easy to hit

his chin is still somehow pretty monstrous and canelo doesnt fight consistently
          lara is no monster hitter himself, but he's very accurate and he got the distance on williams chin over and over again and he still couldnt get him ready to go.

williams in his prime might have given canelo issues, with his insane workrate and chin, but he's not that fighter any longer

you can slow his roll with power punches. he used to just take them and keep the pressure on
          and he also used to be willing to throw 100 punches a round, certainly enough to outpoint canelo he can keep him on the end of those shots.

Comment

• Williams can and should be able to teach some points to young Canelo, this will be the first fight for Saul were he could be taking to school, stiffer test so far, Canelo-Williams and Lara-Molina in the under card, winers face each other next...

Comment

• I don't see this fight happening. Williams is awkward and therefore too much of a risk with a Mayweather fight so close.

Comment

• love this fight, hope it happens

Comment

• Williams will be perfect for Canelo, unless Williams suddenly changes his style and takes advantage of his height and southpaw style and boxes. I doubt that is going to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
                    I don't see this fight happening. Williams is awkward and therefore too much of a risk with a Mayweather fight so close.
                    I thought this too. It's a risky fight with little upside.

But as a fan, this is a fight I want to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by titanium View Post
                      Williams will be perfect for Canelo, unless Williams suddenly changes his style and takes advantage of his height and southpaw style and boxes. I doubt that is going to happen.
                      Man if Williams fought tall he would be a force at this weight. I always thought he should seek out Emmanuel Steward who has a strong track record with taller fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X