Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think can trouble Floyd Money Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the recipe to beat Floyd has always been out there, just not a fighter well rounded enough to execute it, but you really have to be a great, great fighter to achieve this. Castillo in my eyes did it once, a fighter who was moulded under JCC, it's safe to say he knew a thing or two about intelligent, educated pressure fighting. No one since has had the ingredients to replicate the success in those fights, and tbh Floyd improved.

Oscar was a little too far gone, but in my opinion could have beaten him in his prime with a little more speed and sharpness. Out of the fighters who are left out there, I think there are plenty who can give him trouble, some have been mentioned. I would add Lara, Berto, to that list. I think stylistically they would give him trouble, but I would favour Floyd.

Pacquiao and Martinez are very tough fights, if Cotto could get to Floyd that much, they would certainly tag him, I dont buy into the theory that Manny is an easy fight, too much speed and power, Manny has a strange rhythm and great footwork, I think he would make Floyd gun shy.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      Pacquiao and Martinez are very tough fights, if Cotto could get to Floyd that much, they would certainly tag him, I dont buy into the theory that Manny is an easy fight, too much speed and power, Manny has a strange rhythm and great footwork, I think he would make Floyd gun shy.
      I agree with this along with some other parts of your post.

It seems that after Manny's last performance, Mayweather's chances against Pacquiao have gone up tenfold and is now a big favourite and some even suggesting that it would be an easy fight for Maywether.

I dont think it would though, and i certainly wont be using no triangle theory to judge it. Just because Mayweather easily beat Marquez and Pacquiao lost to Marquez in his last fight, does not mean that Mayweather simply beats Pacquiao.

I still think it would be a very tough fight for Mayweather.

Comment

Anybody who can match him speed for speed and smarts can trouble him.

Martinez would give him some trouble and a challenge. "For how long?", is the question.

If Floyd adapts well to his opponent, he can pull off the win.

Can't really say who or which style can best him at this point.

Comment

I say Pacquiao with the speed power and gameplan can trouble May enough to beat him... Im still a believer!

Martinez is a close second

Khan and Canelo arent ready yet...

Comment

martinez 2nd to none

mayweather outclasses khan ...alvarez gets destroyed his work rate 2 slow he'll be thinking all day wit mayweather...sergio martinez has the best chance....he 2nd to none he comes on late n fights floyd will open up because martinez hands stay down martinez has precision and has the power 2 1 punch knock out mayweather...can he win?.......by knockout...he wont get no decisions..n he can actually do it

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
              I think the recipe to beat Floyd has always been out there, just not a fighter well rounded enough to execute it, but you really have to be a great, great fighter to achieve this. Castillo in my eyes did it once, a fighter who was moulded under JCC, it's safe to say he knew a thing or two about intelligent, educated pressure fighting. No one since has had the ingredients to replicate the success in those fights, and tbh Floyd improved.

Oscar was a little too far gone, but in my opinion could have beaten him in his prime with a little more speed and sharpness. Out of the fighters who are left out there, I think there are plenty who can give him trouble, some have been mentioned. I would add Lara, Berto, to that list. I think stylistically they would give him trouble, but I would favour Floyd.

Quick question: Has Manny fought anyone similar in style and movement to Floyd?

Comment

people post that same damn names because they don't know boxing and those are names they was TOLD BY SOMEONE ELSE THAT COULD POSSIBLY GIVE MAYWEATHER PROBLEMS

Mayweather beats all of those fighters: Pacquiao, Khan, Martinez and Canelo

but some REAL BOXERS that can give Mayweather problems:
                Robert Guerrero, Timothy Bradley, Carlos Molina, Brad Solomon (not even sure he is still boxing at this point)...smart fighters who can BOX, people keep wanting to throw Mayweather in with Fighters who only have "A PUNCHERS CHANCE", I would rather somebody that will come and really challenge Mayweather MENTALLY...FOCUS ON STYLES AND SKILLS and stop getting caught up into THE FUKIN HYPE AND BIG NAMES, just because they are getting more hype does not mean your the best or the most talented

I feel Bradley can rough Mayweather up inside but with More Speed then a Cotto, plus he also has a good jab and he moves that big head around so he can probably avoid some of those counters off of shoulder rolls

and by the way...fighters need to stop wasting their fukin time with the "CASTILLO STRATEGY" Mayweather himself has improved as a fighter since then, he became smarter and wiser since fukin 2002 some of you gotta let that Castillo fights go
                Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 05-14-2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Martinez and Canelo would put some serious hurt on Floyd but doubt that they actually beat him.

All this nonsense A Mere Con would beat Floyd is a joke.
                  Last edited by zab191; 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Adott View Post
                    I think alvrez or khan due to speed and skill and power!
                    there is not one thing that khan could do, or has ever been able to do, or will be able to do to trouble mayweather. alvarez may be able to trouble him slightly for a short while, martinez is the most trouble for him by far

Comment

To beat floyd you have two choices on his to hunt him down and throw none stop until you break him down.

Two would be too control the distance better then floyd and nail him with hard shots and move away.

Sergio martinez is tailor made for option two and I think that is a fight floyd would loose

Comment

Working...
                      X