No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ariza: "Manny cant fight anyone not promoted by Bob"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
    When was Floyd's last fight with a Haymon fighter? How about his last, non GBP fight?

I hardly ever agree with you on anything, but I do respect the fact you always try to back up every claim you make.

With that said, please explain how Arum is at fault. It's easy to just come in and blame the guy, but I never see anyone explain what he is doing to prevent these fights.

Arum hasn't demand, nor decline OST, nor is he responsible for Floyd's ridiculous demand.

If the stadium b.s. excuse was the deal breaker, then you guys would have a point, but Floyd stated the only issue now is the split, something he is 100% responsible for (as far as blame is concerned).
    Floyd's last fight with Arum was Judah, I believe. For a belt. And it was at that time that Floyd was pushing Arum to make Oscar-Floyd, and Arum was refusing. Floyd then decided to buy out his contract and go fight Oscar.

So, Floyd was not with Arum for very much of his WW run. Agreed? And Arum himself admits that Floyd was willing to fight those guys you mentioned, but he simply wanted a higher guarantee.

To wit:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2420382

Arum said Mayweather preferred to await the outcome of the May 6 Oscar De La Hoya-Ricardo Mayorga fight instead of committing to Margarito because he would prefer to fight De La Hoya.

"We're not sitting waiting on De La Hoya," Ellerbe said. "He's in a tough, tough fight with Mayorga."

Many in the sport believe a De La Hoya-Mayweather fight is the biggest fight on the horizon and the only one capable of generating 1 million-plus buys on pay-per-view.

The reason Mayweather opted for the buyout rather than waiting for the May 6 result was because the contract had a limited window for the buyout, one that expired before the De La Hoya fight. However, Arum said he would have extended the window if Mayweather had asked. What Arum wouldn't do, he said, was raise the guarantees for other fights outlined in the contract.

Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

Ellerbe said Mayweather opted for the buyout so he could be "more in control of when and who he fights next. It's as simple as that. There is nothing bad between Floyd and Bob."

Arum agreed that the split with Mayweather was not on bad terms like their brief breakup last year. In fact, Arum said, "We intend to be back together. Everything with this was honorable and good. I had offered him numbers [for a multi-fight contract extension] that were livable. His expectations are in the stratosphere. He was entitled to buy me out, and he did. We decided this was the best way to handle it. He is a free agent. We have agreed to work with each other [in the future]."

The split frees Mayweather to make a potential deal with De La Hoya without Arum as part of the promotion. His involvement would have made making a deal almost impossible: The head of Top Rank has openly feuded with De La Hoya, his former superstar, and their companies rarely do business together as a result.

Arum said he was simply not interested in participating in a De La Hoya-Mayweather fight, but not because of his distaste for De La Hoya.

"I don't want to, because if I did that fight, I would be working for such a small percentage, it's not worth it," he said.

Instead, Arum is turning his attention to the Rahman-Maskaev fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      How do you know this? You have no idea what contractual relationship they have. Frankly, for you to reach this conclusion knowing manny always says, "its up to my promoter, Bob Arum" when asked about future opponents seems rather short sighted.

If manny always says its up to Bob for future opponents, how the fcuk can you say he doesn't?
      Because it would take a monumental idiot to agree to those terms. I know Pacquaio is apparently quite dumb with his money but even he wouldn't agree to that, with or without Arum. He apparently laughed on the phone when Mayweather offered it.

Comment

LOL @ this.

That doesn't explain how Arum is as fault, but good job making Floyd's nuts a place of personal comfort.
        Great post. Everytime manny is asked about his future opponent he says "its up to my promoter, Bob Arum." So how is it possible you reach the cocnlusion Bob has no say in who he fights.

Grow up with the nuts comment. We need less of this stuff on this board.

Comment

Bob knows full well manny is not worth 50% split. He knows he isn't worth 45%. To keep trying to get this figure, either thru leveraging random OST or any other method makes it impossible to make a deal with floyd.
          So you can only get a fight with Floyd if you accept a flat fee, and no ppv sales?

and how is he not worth 45% when he has hit over a million PPV sales 5 out of last 7 fights?

Comment

Bob knows full well manny is not worth 50% split. He knows he isn't worth 45%. To keep trying to get this figure, either thru leveraging random OST or any other method makes it impossible to make a deal with floyd.
            just like floyd knows that the fight aint happening if he sticks with his bulsyet demand right?

floyd aint want the fight periods.......

Comment

Great post. Everytime manny is asked about his future opponent he says "its up to my promoter, Bob Arum." So how is it possible you reach the cocnlusion Bob has no say in who he fights.

Grow up with the nuts comment. We need less of this stuff on this board.
              You do know that every fighters says this?

Even Tyson, who was bigger than Floyd and Manny, constantly stated this after his fight as well as every other big draw in the history of boxing.

Good job on the selective hearing tho....

Comment

You do know that every fighters says this?

Even Tyson, who was bigger than Floyd and Manny, constantly stated this after his fight as well as every other big draw in the history of boxing.

Good job on the selective hearing tho....
                No every fighter doesn't. I think this is an Excellent point. Lets go further.

As it turned out, Don King had CONTROL over Tyson and his finances to a degrree we didn't think possible until Mike talked about Don taking roughly $100 mil from him. See my point?

SO for you to argue Bob has no control over Manny makes no sense.

Comment

Who said Arum has no control?

The point is it doesn't take Bob Arum to not agree to that laughable offer. No one would agree to it, there's nothing special about Arum in this situation

Comment

Originally posted by viperz007 View Post
                    just like floyd knows that the fight aint happening if he sticks with his bulsyet demand right?

floyd aint want the fight periods.......
                    Viper lets try and have a real discussion. $40 mil noppv was bull****. we agree. But manny turned down the fair deal over ost in dec 2009. SO lets just stipulate and move forward.

Run the numbers and split the money that way. Isn' that the fairest thing to do? This way, floyd gets what he earned, manny gets what he earned, and they can fight, which is whjat we want to see.

Is there any other way to split the money that is fair to both fighters?

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                      Floyd's last fight with Arum was Judah, I believe. For a belt. And it was at that time that Floyd was pushing Arum to make Oscar-Floyd, and Arum was refusing. Floyd then decided to buy out his contract and go fight Oscar.

So, Floyd was not with Arum for very much of his WW run. Agreed? And Arum himself admits that Floyd was willing to fight those guys you mentioned, but he simply wanted a higher guarantee.

To wit:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2420382

Arum said Mayweather preferred to await the outcome of the May 6 Oscar De La Hoya-Ricardo Mayorga fight instead of committing to Margarito because he would prefer to fight De La Hoya.

"We're not sitting waiting on De La Hoya," Ellerbe said. "He's in a tough, tough fight with Mayorga."

Many in the sport believe a De La Hoya-Mayweather fight is the biggest fight on the horizon and the only one capable of generating 1 million-plus buys on pay-per-view.

The reason Mayweather opted for the buyout rather than waiting for the May 6 result was because the contract had a limited window for the buyout, one that expired before the De La Hoya fight. However, Arum said he would have extended the window if Mayweather had asked. What Arum wouldn't do, he said, was raise the guarantees for other fights outlined in the contract.

Arum said while Mayweather would have taken the $8 million to fight Margarito, he asked for a $10 million guarantee to fight opponents such as Miguel Cotto and Ricky Hatton, when Arum was only willing to guarantee $7 million.

Arum said Mayweather also asked for $20 million to fight De La Hoya, a fight Arum said he wasn't interested in participating in.

"That's not in the cards," Arum said. "He wants $20 million for the De La Hoya fight? It's not there. Sometimes, my man, you gotta know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. We'll talk about things down the road."

Ellerbe said Mayweather opted for the buyout so he could be "more in control of when and who he fights next. It's as simple as that. There is nothing bad between Floyd and Bob."

Arum agreed that the split with Mayweather was not on bad terms like their brief breakup last year. In fact, Arum said, "We intend to be back together. Everything with this was honorable and good. I had offered him numbers [for a multi-fight contract extension] that were livable. His expectations are in the stratosphere. He was entitled to buy me out, and he did. We decided this was the best way to handle it. He is a free agent. We have agreed to work with each other [in the future]."

The split frees Mayweather to make a potential deal with De La Hoya without Arum as part of the promotion. His involvement would have made making a deal almost impossible: The head of Top Rank has openly feuded with De La Hoya, his former superstar, and their companies rarely do business together as a result.

Arum said he was simply not interested in participating in a De La

Hoya-Mayweather fight, but not because of his distaste for De La Hoya.

"I don't want to, because if I did that fight, I would be working for such a small percentage, it's not worth it," he said.

Instead, Arum is turning his attention to the Rahman-Maskaev fight.
                      Best post in this thread!

Comment

Working...
                      X