No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ariza: "Manny cant fight anyone not promoted by Bob"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    i totally disagree...i can only speak for myself though. that's the difference between you and me...you like to assume.

lol i'm not even sure if pac-jmm 1 was a ppv...or if it is, not sure if he was the A side. and those fights were at 130 so i'm not even touching that.

then why bring it up? i'm not even arguing who is the bigger draw here. i concur that floyd is the bigger draw. the question is how much more should floyd gets? pac already agreed to a smaller guarantee...that's not enough for floyd though.
    If you do, ok. I'm not assuming anything.

Brick pac accepted the smaller purse so long as he knew the cutoff for OST. He accpeted 50/50 for full OST with no cutoff. You gotta point this out.

Pac/jmm 1 wasn't ppv. thats why I said average of 2 and 3.

As I said the subjective variable I find interesting is Bob's willingness to take 50% or less. This makes me think he knows its more than his fighter is worth.

Comment

• If Ariza keeps up these attacks Uncle Bob is gunna have him iced

Comment

• If Manny could make 40 million on his own then he would have an argument for turning a down a solid 40 mill flat deal. ( same kind of deals Arum offers Mannys opponents)

But Manny needs Floyd to make that much, that fact you cant argue.

Its easy to say 50/50 from a fans stand point. But economically its different from a promoters stand point or a fighters.

The fact is DLH - May generated 120 million (2.4 ppv buys) and they only received 64% of the ppv revenue (77 million)

If both Floyd and Manny are guaranteed 40 million and Manny gets no ppv money, using the same % pay out of the highest grossing ppv boxing event of all time. They would have to generate 125 million just to pay their guaranteed money.

So if you think Manny is missing out on a large sum ppv money hes really not.

And as previously stated if he could make 40 million on his own then he could argue that.

Comment

• Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
          If Manny could make 40 million on his own then he would have an argument for turning a down a solid 40 mill flat deal. ( same kind of deals Arum offers Mannys opponents)

Its easy to say 50/50 from a fans stand point. But economically its different from a promoters stand point or a fighters.

The fact is DLH - May generated 120 million (2.4 ppv buys) and they only received 64% of the ppv revenue (77 million)

If both Floyd and Manny are guaranteed 40 million and Manny gets no ppv money, using the same % pay out of the highest grossing ppv boxing event of all time. They would have to generate 125 million just to pay their guaranteed money.

And as previously stated if he could make 40 million on his own then he could argue that.
          I think you are right about floyd needing manny right now. But if Canelo beats Kirkland and Cotto and does good numbers headlining the ppv's floyd/canleo could be huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            Ive read alot of your posts. You simply are mad that floyd left Bob and made more money by smartly targeting the urban audience Bob has always avoided because he thinks african americans don't spend money on boxing like mexicans and puerto ricans do.

You just hate that a black man is beating Bob at his own game, just like ODH. I hope the pac fans that hate floyd pick up on this and realize you are gonna say the same things if/when manny leaves.
            When did this become a race issue?

Also, why would I care how much Floyd makes and who gets what of his cut?

Lol @ me being mad that a black man is beating Arum at his own game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              I think you are right about MANNY needing FLOYD right now. But if Canelo beats Kirkland and Cotto and does good numbers headlining the ppv's floyd/canleo could be huge.
              Fixed it for you

Comment

• Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
                If Manny could make 40 million on his own then he would have an argument for turning a down a solid 40 mill flat deal. ( same kind of deals Arum offers Mannys opponents)

Floyd can not make on his own what he'll make against Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  What I want to know is how Floyd came to this sudden epiphany that Pacquiao was actually worth 0% and not 50%....?
                  You should ask him. I myself have been meaning to ask Manny when he discovered the cure for his 24-day blood sickness.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAnec...eature=g-all-u

There he is again saying the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      You should ask him. I myself have been meaning to ask Manny when he discovered the cure for his 24-day blood sickness.
                      I personally don't believe 50/50 was ever "agreed to". I mean NO ONE was expecting the split to be an issue until Floyd suddenly made it one and then the sheep starting baaaaing

Comment

Working...
                      X