Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Amir Khan who wins (post-Peterson drug revelation)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    lol your comments definitely suggest u are a weed head.
    I seriously don't get why people assume it's a big mismatch judging by the tone of most comments here.. Khan really did fight (and many thought he beat) a guy who had an unfair advantage..

Cotto showed that if you got a good jab you can get things done against Mayweather.. just a damn jab! As Steward said, that's the main weapon you need to disrupt Mayweather.. Khan has a great jab, it's better than Cottos no doubt, but he's also quicker and more agile..

And if you think I'm a weed head I dont know where you got that idea but you must think Roy Jones Jr is a weed head too then?? >>>

Comment

It's not as big a mismatch as some make it out to be, bt Floyd still beats him. Khan fights in spurts too often, and Peterson (who's nowhere near as fast as Floyd) was able to time Khan. I can't imagine, aside from the first 3-4 rounds maybe, Floyd having that much trouble timing Khan. He jumps in and out, retreats and retreats, than explodes with a combo, but I doubt he's going to land much on Mayweather, he'll have some nice flurries. The best chance to beat Floyd is to take him to the ropes and not let Floyd get off his punches, and keep him on those ropes and go to work, what Castillo did the 2nd half of their first fight.

Floyd would own Khan on the inside, where Khan has no game. All Floyd would need to do is be patient, counter Khan's jab (FLoyd has the speed to do so), and beat Khan on the inside, and he wins a 116-112/117-111 type of decision.

All Cotto landed on Floyd was a jab here and there, and some body shots. Khan never works the body but has a nice jab. It's going to take more than a jab to beat Floyd on a decision, who will be peppering Khan with left uppercuts and right hands all night, as well as lead left hooks.

Comment

Nah, but Roy is definitely shot to microscopic pieces. Pensacola in the house y'all!

Cotto also did a great job of mixing up his jab while he was doing work inside on Mayweather. Khan's inside game, oh yeah I'll wait.

Comment

That was an easy pick for me. Khan charges in, Mayweather times him with the strait right and finishes him off early. OK, maybe he hurts him with a left hook and finishes him off. Either way Floyd by KO.

Comment

You know, Khan still had every physical advantage over Peterson and still lost, let me repeat that...Khan had every physical advantage over Peterson. Khan is overrated, extremely overrated, I don't see how the whole Peterson fiasco should change anything. Floyd still beats him, easily too.

Comment

clearly it is 1 Khan fan with multiple accounts really campaigning and trying to get Khan a fight with Mayweather hahaha

lol at the Poll though

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                clearly it is 1 Khan fan with multiple accounts really campaigning and trying to get Khan a fight with Mayweather hahaha

lol at the Poll though
                It's Roy Jones Jr and Pauli Malignaggi voting with their ring experience.. that's one ATG and one guy who's been in the ring with Khan and Cotto...

Comment

Floyd is far too smart, skilled, versatile, and has the much better instincts in the ring.

Khan is just a guy with some speed and athleticism. His skill-set is not impressive for a world class fighter and his advantage in youth can only take him so far.

Floyd beats him handily.

Comment

If Floyd had no legs, like literally his legs got chopped off and he had to be propped up in a chair to fight, I would still expect him to figure out Khan and beat him bad.

Comment

Originally posted by WeedHead View Post
                      In light of the revelations around Peterson's drug use, does it change your take on how Khan vs Mayweather plays out or you still got Mayweather blitzing Khan?
                      Is this for real?

Comment

Working...
                      X