Carl Froch: "Ward is boring...I will never fight him again"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He still says he lost fair and square.

As I said in an earlier post, his reasons for not wanting the fight are:

1) Ward's boring style means the fight wouldn't sell and would be hard to hype and market.
    2) He implies he does not like fighting that style of fighter either.
    3) Cites the likelihood of Ward moving up to light-heavyweight as a reason it wouldn't happen.
    The Weebler2,

When I said he has gone back on his word I was referring to the fact that he said he would like to try different tactics at 1st but now he has come out and said he never wants to fight him again.

I do like Carl but you must admit this statement does not look good and he should think beofre he speaks. I agree Ward is boring TBH but I also think Carl can never beat him regardless of what tactics he adopts.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
      The Weebler2,

When I said he has gone back on his word I was referring to the fact that he said he would like to try different tactics at 1st but now he has come out and said he never wants to fight him again.

I do like Carl but you must admit this statement does not look good and he should think beofre he speaks. I agree Ward is boring TBH but I also think Carl can never beat him regardless of what tactics he adopts.
      In what way? he's being honest.

Imo Froch would fight him again if he had to but if he's Ward is not his preference then do you think think he would have been better to lie?

There's literally no point in any rematch. Froch does not match up well stylistically with Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Froch is right....it would be boring to see Ward dominate him in one-sided fashion again.
        End of Thread

Comment

In what way? he's being honest.

Imo Froch would fight him again if he had to but if he's Ward is not his preference then do you think think he would have been better to lie?

There's literally no point in any rematch. Froch does not match up well stylistically with Ward.
          It doesnt look good because he is basically admitted that he is not as good as Ward and doesnt want to attempt to avenge that loss. Its like he is happy to accept he is number 2 or 3 in the division.

Im not saying its better to lie but as an example imagine if Arthur Abraham refused to fight Ward because he knew he had no chance. Everyone knew going into that fight he couldnt win but he had to say the right things to sell the fight. Its not lying its just about pride really.

I think this statement quite rightly has caused abit of uproar from the members here because its a refelction of Carls mentality. Now im not disagreeing with what he has said because I too think Ward is boring but for a world class fighter to make that announcement it shows he has no belief in himself. You wouldnt say that if you were beaten by someone would you? I remember when Nigel Benn fought Nardiello he said post fight that he didnt mind being number 2 to Roy Jones. Sky who had just signed a contract with Benn didnt like that and made Benn take it back and in his next few interviews he said" I want to be number 1, I dont want to be number 2 to anyone"

I think Carl will regret it and will retract it at some point because it goes against his warrior spirit

Comment

If Carl beats Bute for his IBF the last thing he'd want to do is lose it straight away to Ward.

Everyone knows that Ward is on another level. Froch has already been outclassed once no need to do it again.
            Last edited by komodo; 05-14-2012, 06:37 AM.

Comment

I imagine it is quite boring as a boxer to swing and miss all night

Comment

He got spanked and saw no way of getting to Ward. On top of that Ward was fighting with an injured

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                  He's got a point. Going to school can be boring.
                  LMAO

Comment

It has nothing to do with a boxer being "boring" he knows he would get destroyed again if he went into the ring, but still this makes him look like a *****, very poor choice of words, but what do you expect this guy is overrated to say the least...

Comment

Pathetic comments Ward beat Froch up, Ward would smash him again

Comment

Working...
                      X