Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Miguel Cotto a LEGITIMATE Hall of Famer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Check View Post
    Yet, 3 out of 4 voters are voting, yes. Surely, there isn't that many "*****s or boricuas" on this site. Who did Cotto beat, how about Shane Mosley. Wait, save your bull****, I see it now, "he wasn't in his prime". If you're gonna nitpick, no one is worthy.

My question is why would you ask a question if you already knew you were going to come in and try to bash Cotto? It's not even worth the debate, if you're obviously coming with an agenda.
    anybody with a modicum of intelligence and perceptual ability can see the maneuvers. Tards vote no, boricuas and f mos vote yes. I forgot to make it public to see the legit votes.

everybody has an agenda. In all areas of life not just boxing. This is a boxing site and i asked a boxing question. its up to you to offer a boxing rebuttal.

why are you mad about mosley not being prime? That's not a nit pick. and no, not everybody is devoid of prime hall of fame opponents in their resume so stop assuming childishly in order to feel like you won a argument.

lets stick to boxing,

what are cotto's top 3 wins, top 5 hell top 10. Is it good enough? Who are the legit HOF fighters that cotto beat that were prime?

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      anybody with a modicum of intelligence and perceptual ability can see the maneuvers. Tards vote no, boricuas and f mos vote yes. I forgot to make it public to see the legit votes.

everybody has an agenda. In all areas of life not just boxing. This is a boxing site and i asked a boxing question. its up to you to offer a boxing rebuttal.

why are you mad about mosley not being prime? That's not a nit pick. and no, not everybody is devoid of prime hall of fame opponents in their resume so stop assuming childishly in order to feel like you won a argument.

lets stick to boxing,

what are cotto's top 3 wins, top 5 hell top 10. Is it good enough? Who are the legit HOF fighters that cotto beat that were prime?
      How many PRIME hall of famers has Manny Pacquiao beat?

For being an ATG, Manny hasn't beat that many either. You're asking for a lot if you have to beat an ATG in their prime.

Comment

How many PRIME hall of famers has Manny Pacquiao beat?

For being an ATG, Manny hasn't beat that many either. You're asking for a lot if you have to beat an ATG in their prime.
        Yes he has. marco antonio barerra 1. Marquez 2. Again, stop assuming nobody has prime hall of fame wins in their resume to justify your way of thinking. Its just not true.

and no i didnt say you have to beat a ATG in their prime. just a prime hall of famer would be nice.

cotto has none and neither does floyd.

Comment

Hell yes Miguel Cotto is going to be in the HOF. If Kostya Tszu is in there, then Miguel Cotto should be as well.

Of course, I might be slightly biased.

Comment

I think he will be.

If he keeps fighting and look like he did vs Floyd for a few more fights i could see him 100% deserving it too.
            He's borderline i guess atm, but there's other things than results that are (obviously) taken into account. Cotto has some intangibles.

Comment

While I don't think Cotto has any Earth-shattering type win, in his losses against ATG's like Mayweather and Pacquiao he showed his class. Miguel Cotto is without a doubt a HOFer. Not an ATG, but definitely a HOFer.

Comment

He is the ONLY Boxer in the history of the sport that has recover from a plaster assault (then a steroid assault a year after) and fought is way back in the top P4P of the World. He stands alone in this category and to his credit, He has also fought the best and never has backup from any great battle.
                Beside that, He has earn his entry like the others before him.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  Yes he has. marco antonio barerra 1. Marquez 2. Again, stop assuming nobody has prime hall of fame wins in their resume to justify your way of thinking. Its just not true.

and no i didnt say you have to beat a ATG in their prime. just a prime hall of famer would be nice.

cotto has none and neither does floyd.
                  MAB being in his prime is debatable. Marquez yes, but he arguably lost 2 of 3 to him. It doesn't matter because you're poll speaks volumes. Surely there isn't that many fl0mos and boricuas on this site. Cotto is going in the hall let alone being a legit candidate for it.

Comment

MAB being in his prime is debatable. Marquez yes, but he arguably lost 2 of 3 to him. It doesn't matter because you're poll speaks volumes. Surely there isn't that many fl0mos and boricuas on this site. Cotto is going in the hall let alone being a legit candidate for it.
                    lmfaaooo who are you kidding? there isnt that many fmos and boricuas on this site? again, lmfaaooo.

Like i said, i should have made votes public to see the legit vote. One floyd fan that i respect is irondan and he said in this thread that he wouldnt vote for cotto.

Comment

I think Cotto has a resume that is solid enough to result in a Canastota induction. His best wins are Mosley, Judah, and Margarito. The second group would include Quintana, Malignaggi, Foreman, and a past his prime Mayorga. Then there is the third group comprised of fighters that were not great but were good and some became champions after fighting Cotto. This group includes Maussa, Victoriano Sosa, Lovemore N'Dou, Randall Bailey, Abdullaev, and perhaps Urkal.

All this goes against three losses, one avenged, and two losses to consensus top P4P fighters Pacquiao and Mayweather. All in all, a 4 time champion in 3 divisions, a big name, good PPV draw, and respected by his peers. When all is said and done, I think he will get in without much debate.

Comment

Working...
                      X