Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pirog vs N'Dam is WBO Ordered, Geale Clash in Jeopardy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geale unifying would be a great boost for boxing in Australia. Instead of other boxers who should not be mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
      I like Pirog - N'Jikam better as a fight, even though unification would be good for middleweight division.
      And it looks like Gaele may end up facing Taylor now, I could actually see JErmain winning it.
      Taylor-Geale was there an announcement about that???

Comment

Geale destroys super chinny JT right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
          Sounds like the WBO is bent on making this take precedence so it's up to N'Jikam team if they'll settle for a step-a-side and let Pirog-Geale go ahead and then fight the winner if the IBF doesn't object at least it's a good match-up and N'Jikam could definetly win but prefer them to allow the unification first
          That would be the ideal scenario and if Pirog won both fights I'd rank him right behind Sergio.

Comment

Pirog vs. N'Dam is a better fight. I'm sure Geale will still be there afterwards to unify with the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
              Pirog may drop that belt and go on with Geale

both fighters are huge fights in that division
              That's obviously the thing to do, why go to France and get screwed out of your title. time for Pirog to fight on American television HBO . If he puts on a good show the titles are irrelevant he will get more opportunities , and Geale holds IBF title anyways..forget WBO if he can get fight on HBO with Geale.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                They should let Pirog try and unify and then enforce the mando.
                I don't see why N'jikam wouldn't want that either. Step aside money and he would be mandatary for the Unified Champion?

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                Doesn't the WBO have a rule that unification is allowed before a mandatory?
                yes but like all orgs their own rules mean nothing and are disregarded when it suits them.

Originally posted by Ray-boom View Post
                That's obviously the thing to do, why go to France and get screwed out of your title. time for Pirog to fight on American television HBO . If he puts on a good show the titles are irrelevant he will get more opportunities , and Geale holds IBF title anyways..forget WBO if he can get fight on HBO with Geale.
                Dropping the belt removes alot of the incentive for Geale to fight Pirog. He can hardely gets fight now with a belt, he won't get any without one.

N'jikam's team said they want the fight in France but i don't see Pirog's team agreeing so it will go to purse bid and i don't imagine they'll be able to outbid Pirog's team. He seems to have some investors with deep pockets behind the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                  I don't see why N'jikam wouldn't want that either. Step aside money and he would be mandatary for the Unified Champion?

yes but like all orgs their own rules mean nothing and are disregarded when it suits them.

Dropping the belt removes alot of the incentive for Geale to fight Pirog. He can hardely gets fight now with a belt, he won't get any without one.

N'jikam's team said they want the fight in France but i don't see Pirog's team agreeing so it will go to purse bid and i don't imagine they'll be able to outbid Pirog's team. He seems to have some investors with deep pockets behind the scenes.
                  I would think the money and exposure the Pirog could get on HBO may ***** his consideration of hanging onto the WBO title..

Comment

Working...
                  X