Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson Initially Passed VADA Tests, Controversy Rages

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan just took the same exact tests Lamont took and passed it. He's a GBP fighter.

GBP fighters: Clean.

Comment

Originally posted by mercadojglb View Post
      Ryan Braun was caught using synthetic testosterone too so I'm pretty sure baseball uses CIR testing as well.
      But, Braun was over the 4:1 T/E ratio limit. I think that's what caught him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
        what's so controversial? LP passed the ratio test, and failed at the CIR test. they detected use of a banned substance and that's it.
        the only exceptions are if banned substances are medically necessary, and use reported before testing is done. this is common in winter sports with athletes who have asthma.
        interesting point. But the question still remains as to why his therapy was not reported. I mean even as a man who is not competing professionally. I put myself in his shoes & ask the people around me "will this stuff interfere w/ my training? Is it legal for me to take? Maybe I should disclose all my medical issues & treatments just to make sure i'm clear....especially when I hear the word testosterone." Ony thing I can gather is that his physician informed him that they were gradually bringing him up to normal levels & would not be in violation of any rules. Who knows...I'll wait & see.

Comment

Originally posted by mercadojglb View Post
          Ryan Braun was caught using synthetic testosterone too so I'm pretty sure baseball uses CIR testing as well.
          No one dares to cheat in MLB anymore. That's why you see now 20-30 home runs a year is the norm, instead of 40+ like it was a few years ago.

The only players who hit, or are capable of hitting 40+ home runs are all natural, Pujols, Bautista, Granderson, Josh Hamilton, Prince Fielder, Mark Teixeira, Matt Kemp, Adam Dunn, David Ortiz, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
            But, Braun was over the 4:1 T/E ratio limit. I think that's what caught him.
            Initially Braun was reported to have an insanely high ratio...the highest ever recorded. So it was much higher than 4:1. & remember 6:1 was an industry-wide standard till fairly recent. But Braun was vindicated & cleared his name eventually....we'll see wut the peterson camp comes w/...

Comment

Originally posted by mistermartin View Post
              Initially Braun was reported to have an insanely high ratio...the highest ever recorded. So it was much higher than 4:1. & remember 6:1 was an industry-wide standard till fairly recent. But Braun was vindicated & cleared his name eventually....we'll see wut the peterson camp comes w/...
              Yea but he was cleared on a bogus technicality. But, that dude juiced heavily for him to have the highest ever recorded.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                  Khan just took the same exact tests Lamont took and passed it. He's a GBP fighter.

GBP fighters: Clean.
                  You really believe that Kev?

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                    No one dares to cheat in MLB anymore. That's why you see now 20-30 home runs a year is the norm, instead of 40+ like it was a few years ago.

The only players who hit, or are capable of hitting 40+ home runs are all natural, Pujols, Bautista, Granderson, Josh Hamilton, Prince Fielder, Mark Teixeira, Matt Kemp, Adam Dunn, David Ortiz, etc.
                    & prolly a healthy & happy Alfonso Soriano

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                      I think the problem is that there are some people who are naturally high, though I don't think it's common. But then by setting the level at 6:1 in some places you get a lot of people who are surely going to cheat like Peterson did to be just under the limit and get away with it.

I know money is an issue here but I hope from now on they test everyone for synthetic T instead of just the ratio, or at least test though who have a ratio above 2:1 maybe.
                      It is between that small margin that professional athletes are seeking to gain the edge. Between the 1:1 ratio of a normal man and 4:1 ratio that is allowable by testing rules. As you said, genetic differences may put some at a high ratio naturally....others will reach a higher ratio as a byproduct of being a young, professional athlete or a combination of the two.

Those who are "stuck" at 1:1 are left wondering how this is fair to them....and that is where the whole BS philosophical argument begins...whether it's truly fair that some are competing at a higher T rate that they acquired from a unique combination of genetics and hard work.

It's a ridiculous premise because it's antithetical to the whole point of sports and competition on pro level...to weed out the best/most gifted from the rest. The "rest" would like to catch-up with those who are just more gifted than them. It's not even that these guys aren't good, they are also pro's who have dedicated their whole lives to their sport...but they think they are still at a "disadvantage" because of differences in individual physiology.

So the middle of the road guys do it and it forces even the some of the best to look for their own edge too. The NSAC having it at 6:1 invites it...4:1 probably would include most athletes, even those who are naturally high...but with no CIR we can see the loophole for those who want to be above 1:1 but off the radar for synthetics.
                      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 05-11-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X