No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Cotto Generates 1.5 Million Buys, $94 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freudianslip View Post
    Mayweather has the number 1 because of De La Hoya don't get it confused.

Having the number 2 is a result of Mayweather, Cotto, Canelo , and Mosely. Anything less would have been a huge disappointment in my opinion.

Impressive either way.
    Hater alert, back hand compliment lol

Comment

And Floyd out sells Pac with another common opponent.

Floyd isn't coming off 60-40/40 mill flat, and Pac isn't coming off 50-50, so can we please not debate about it???

Great numbers, eat your heart out Floyd haters.

Comment

anything over 1 Million is big, especially considering the damn prices for these Events now with the HD Stuff

great numbers for the sport of boxing in general, UFC Jon Jones vs Rashad Evans did 700k so as long as boxing stay ahead of the UFC I am happy lol (nothing against the UFC)

Comment

Does anyone know if that $94 million included movie theatre money and closed circuit money?

Comment

Nah I give him credit as it's obvious he's maintained big numbers since, but before then did he have huge numbers? Did he come anywhere close to De La Hoya? Nope. Great businessman. Supremely skilled but the way he parades that statistic as if he was solely responsible and seemingly willing to forget the other big name on the bill always makes me laugh.
            What is Oscar's biggest selling PPV aside from the Floyd fight.....Oscar-Trinidad which did 1.4 million buys. What is Floyds....1,5 million buys in Floyd-Cotto.

You could easily argue Floyd is a bigger draw PPV wise. He definitely is a bigger draw than Pacquiao. Floyd now has two PPV's that have sold more than Pac ever sold on PPV. With that said, the fight should still be 55-45 at the least.

Comment

This is including Canelo Vs Mosley on a national holiday. I was expecting more

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

Floyd isn't coming off 60-40/40 mill flat, and Pac isn't coming off 50-50, so can we please not debate about it???

Well Pacquaio sold 1.25 against cotto, and did 1.45 against marquez in a fight a lot of us blacklisted.

Comment

As If I was the one that started bringing in numbers to compare? I was just stating the obvious, if Pacquiao was a bigger draw in the US than Mayweather I'd be extremely disappointed in the US
                  Pac should be the bigger draw according to the portrayal of him by his fans and the media. They go out of their way to make it known that in their eyes Pac has a bigger following and is more loved than Mayweather in his own country, and Worldwide for the person and boxer he is. So this should translate to being the bigger Draw, No?. Cant talk from both sides of your mouth.

Comment

How can anyone expect more than $94 million in ppv revenue? 1.5 buys for a boxing ppv at $70(the price most purchases were) is amazing. 2nd highest money making fight ever(non-heavyweight), and you would expected to be higher? Those are unreal expectations.
                    Last edited by Heavy Hitter; 05-11-2012, 01:44 PM. Reason: added non-heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

Even when Pac was offered 50/50 he didn't want it.... Remember he walked away to fight Clottey who hadn't won a fight since fighting Judah?

Comment

Working...
                      X